View Full Version : antique radio forum

wiseguy
06-06-2003, 06:00 AM
anybody know what ever happened to the antique radio forum.?
"ARF"
terry

wvsaz
06-06-2003, 05:21 PM
It's been down for a week now. I've been wondering the same thing.
:(

Kamakiri
06-06-2003, 10:03 PM
Hey, we've got plenty of space if people need a place :)

Eric H
06-07-2003, 01:19 AM
It's been broken off and on for some time now, I also was wondering if this is the end? :(

millerdog
06-07-2003, 06:07 AM
Guys,
If there is anything more I can do to make this forum seem like home, let me know! I want more traffic here too!

wvsaz
06-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Here's the latest: :)

Sorry, this bulletin board is temporarily unavailable, while we perform some routine maintenance. Please try back again later. Feel free to email us at alan@antiqueradios.com.

Contact Us | Antique Radios

Kamakiri
06-09-2003, 02:03 PM
I don't know what sort of routine maintenance could take a board down for that long. Even when we switched servers the change was made instantaneously.

wvsaz
06-09-2003, 03:00 PM
Here is what Alan says:

The drive in the server has been failing, and it keeps generating read errors. A few days ago it corrupted the web server application files themselves, so the server it's able to run. I've got a replacement drive and am muddling through the maze of files that have to be installed and configured to get it back on line. With luck it'll happen in a day or two.

PaulC
06-09-2003, 03:06 PM
Alan runs his own server with Linux and a DSL line. A few weeks before the server went down he posted a warning that the hard drive was dying and the board may be down for a few days while he installed a new drive and transferred files. If his drive completly failed before that he may be rebuilding everything from the beginning.