View Full Version : Another intersting ebay auction...

azguy1878
06-03-2006, 04:48 PM
11 old sets...none of them work...a little pricy in my opinion! :scratch2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-TVs-assorted-11-late-40s-thru-60s_W0QQitemZ6285983320QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3638QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

jstout66
06-03-2006, 05:19 PM
a LITTLE pricey??? LOL! ALOT pricey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Einar72
06-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Actually, they aren't a bad deal. :nono: Most are in fair-to-good condition (at least from the photos). Toss out the obvious one on top, figure $33 apiece for the other three portables and at just a little under $100 for the empty :wtf: porthole cabinet, that makes the remaining ones seem fairly priced.
I'm really curious what the picture-frame cabinet one is. It looks like a Dumont logo under the screen, but I can't tell without enhancing the photo.

Eric H
06-03-2006, 11:08 PM
The only really interesting one to me would be the Zenith Porthole bottom right, looks complete and in decent shape.
The two GE's aren't bad either.
The "picture-frame" set is a Dumont, interesting but missing all it's knobs at least.
The 10" Philco Bakelite would be good too if it had some parts in it.

I don't see him finding a buyer who would be interested enough in the whole group to pay $1000.

kx250rider
06-04-2006, 02:44 AM
Actually, they aren't a bad deal. :nono: Most are in fair-to-good condition (at least from the photos). Toss out the obvious one on top, figure $33 apiece for the other three portables and at just a little under $100 for the empty :wtf: porthole cabinet, that makes the remaining ones seem fairly priced.
I'm really curious what the picture-frame cabinet one is. It looks like a Dumont logo under the screen, but I can't tell without enhancing the photo.

Well, I have to say that with exception of the early Zenith (bott.Rt) at maybe $200, I see a bunch of $40 swap meet 10 & 12" sets even in fair to good shape. and the $6 portables. The RCA console is a typical $40 set for sure, and those others are all common sets. If he were to get $400 for the lot, he'd be way ahead!

Charles

Einar72
06-04-2006, 06:12 AM
I guess these sets aren't gonna get a buyer! I must be used to the rarity of roundies up here that I forget other places have more. I have often paid $100 or more just because it's a roundie. I looked for over three years until I found my first one in 1983. As for the portables, Seattle has a wierd kitschy/shabby-chic fettish that jacks the price of old portables and table models. A popular trendy-spot decoration here is a mid-fifties TV with the horizontal-hold deliberately misadjusted. Local "artists" take and mutilate them beyond repair to make a point about TV "culture", I've even seen one metal RCA that someone had (rather skillfully) welded the tailfins off of a '55 Cadillac onto the back of! BTW, Seattle didn't have scheduled telecasting until Thanksgiving 1948. Weren't that many people here (unlike now) to buy the sets that were on sale at the time.