View Full Version : That 70's Show...final episode tonight

kcollins4
05-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Some love it, some hate it. After the 8th season, That 70's Show aires the final episode tonight at 7 central, then a 90 minute special at 7:35. I actually never saw a single show until last fall, when I got hooked on the late night reruns. Having grown up in the midwest in that time period, with all kinds of activities going on in the basement, I can identify with "the circle" :smoke:
I get the feeling Topher Grace will not return, even for the finale. He appears nto have put as much ground as he could between himself and the rest of the cast.

Donkey!
05-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Man I grew up with this show. I was 15 when it first aired. That dude Topher wanted out years ago, and was absent all this season. The show revolved around him in the beginning and then around kelso. Guess he got pissed. I just watched a show about "That 70's show" on the channel E!

It sucks that it's over, but it couldn't go on forever. :tears:

Celt
05-11-2006, 11:04 AM
One of the few network TV shows that I watch. Pretty much sums up my youth. :D
This past season was pretty lame though. Still a big Law & Order fan...all 57 varities!

DaWoofer
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I don't think we acted nearly as stupid as those kids act. But we sure got high and drunk alot.

kcollins4
05-11-2006, 11:56 AM
I don't think we acted nearly as stupid as those kids act. But we sure got high and drunk alot.

One of my friends would have fit right in with the TV show gang. His dad drove a Stroh's beer truck, and we got free beer every weekend. Never had to hassle with fake ID's. :D

dgwojo
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I'll miss my Vista Cruiser on there!! dgwojo Vista Cruiser (http://home.earthlink.net/~dwojo/id2.html)
:nono: :tears: :no:

Sandy G
05-11-2006, 04:52 PM
I always had a thing for Laura Prepon...Tall, redheaded, voluptuous, sleepy-eyed....The other girl, Mila Kunis ? Stuff a sock in her mouth to get her to Shut the F*** Up.... The older sister Laurie ? Trade her to a bootlegger for a jug of whiskey. Gonna miss this show.My dad & Red would have got along VERY damn well....

RichPA
05-11-2006, 05:10 PM
I always had a thing for Laura Prepon...Tall, redheaded, voluptuous, sleepy-eyed....The other girl, Mila Kunis ? Stuff a sock in her mouth to get her to Shut the F*** Up.... The older sister Laurie ? Trade her to a bootlegger for a jug of whiskey. Gonna miss this show.My dad & Red would have got along VERY damn well....

Sounds about right on all counts ;)

I'll miss that basement - it looks like a number of friends' basements - collection of crappy old furniture, crappy stereo, parents mostly didn't come bother you. And I've missed "the circle" for years now :)

OvenMaster
05-11-2006, 05:29 PM
LOLOL Jeez, I forgot that show was still on the air! Problem is, I lived that age in that era, and to me, it was like all the Day-Glo furniture and polyester clothes and other assorted crud of high school "life" come back to haunt me. I never saw even one entire episode; it was too painful. Personally, I was glad I left those years behind. I hated the 70's.
Tom

Mark W.
05-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Anyone ever notice the simularity to Gilligans Island

ginger=Donna

Mary anne=Jackie

Kelso = Gilligan

Eric= The Proffesor

Hyde= well the Skipper I guess

And Red and Kitty as the Howells

And personally I was always a Mary Anne So I guess I'd use a clean sock but I would stuff it somewhere else on that little brunette Jackie

Donkey!
05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
I want those speakers that you see in the basement.

Donkey!
05-11-2006, 07:25 PM
I just read an article in the Cincinnati Enquirer that this actually is the 2nd to last episode. We'll see.

kcollins4
05-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Yup... the last show is next week. DOH! To borrow a line from Red, "If I was younger and more limber, I'd put my own foot up my own ass!"

ZebraBlvd
05-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Maybe we should all have a 360 and discuss this further :smoke:

2DualsNotEnough
05-18-2006, 04:58 AM

I have to agree with you about Laura Prepon.But I was watching a few reruns last week,and she was BLONDE :wtf:
Did she ever go back to being a redhead?God,I hope so.
Jimmy

spkrman57
05-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Wonder what will happen to the JBL's??? I think they are model 4311's, Someone on the audioheritage forum identified them once and I forgot where that thread is.

Ron

Donkey!
05-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Nope!

kcollins4
05-18-2006, 07:07 PM
OK, the final show is tonight, um, I think :D

Celt
05-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Yep..am watching it as I type...

Donkey!
05-18-2006, 08:06 PM
I grew up with this show. I can't believe it's over. :tears:

Sandy G
05-18-2006, 08:42 PM
We had our nightly deluge/thunderboomer when the 1st show started, knocked out power & cable, missed about half of it. NEVER fails-something you REALLY wanna watch comes on, the power and/or cable will go kerflooey.

kcollins4
05-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Glad to see Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher came back for the final show. Looks like Donna and Eric finally got back together :thmbsp:

e2e4c7c5
05-19-2006, 02:18 AM
I always had a thing for Laura Prepon...Tall, redheaded, voluptuous, sleepy-eyed....

I completely understand, she's HOT!!! :yes:

SPL db
05-19-2006, 06:35 AM
Did anyone record the final episode?

I was out of town and missed it! :tears:

Scott