View Full Version : 1980 Zenith Space Command

J123
04-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Hello. GREAT SITE. I have just purchased a 1980 Zenith Space Command console television. I love it. Just dropping a note for advice on what kind of (?) "maintence routine" I should perform. This is my first project of this sort--I'm uncertain where to find a remote, specs, parts, resto supplies...???

If anyone has a word or two on the subject, I would definitely appreciate it.

Carmine
04-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Hello, and welcome...

If your set hasn't gone any real long periods without being used, I can't think of any "maintence", but I'm not the electronic guru that some are on here. However, I've been daily-watching a 1978 Zenith Chromacolor II Space Command for the last 5 years or so, and haven't done a thing to it beyond plug it in & enjoy.

How about some pics? :D

Fisher-Dave
04-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Hello,and welcome. I also have an old 1980 space command that I bought used in 1988,and all that we have done is watch it.It's in the spare room now and is used by the kids when they want to watch someting that we don't.It still has a nice picture,but about 13 years ago [ when we were young and stupid ]my wife broke the remote when I ducked and it hit the corner of the wall :banana: Since then I don't sneek a beer with my brother and friends,now if I want one I just bring a six pack home and put it in the fridge. :D