View Full Version : my little sony

jerryjg
04-06-2006, 10:51 PM
heres my little Sony, only its not really a "my little Sony", Just one of the three old trintrons I have. http://my.opera.com/gjgkerrtx/homes/albums/33034/01010007.JPG

jpdylon
04-06-2006, 11:08 PM
They're great little sets as long as the CRT is still good. Often times the red and blue will fade, leaving an overly bright green picture.

It would be all the neater if you had the original remote.

kx250rider
04-07-2006, 12:09 AM
That is a top-of-the-line set! It has the same circuitry as the KX-1211HG and also has the tinted front glass. That was one of my favorite Trinitrons. And an interesting note on that TV: It was the TV used in the commercial for the Atari 2600 game/computer in about 1982. I was about 13, and I remember seeing that commercial and I was torn between checking out the 16 or 17-year-old blond surfer girl that was playing the Atari game on the Sony, and the Sony itsself. Well, to tell the truth, the Sony was definitely the #2 interest.

Charles

jerryjg
04-07-2006, 08:23 PM
That is a top-of-the-line set! It has the same circuitry as the KX-1211HG and also has the tinted front glass. That was one of my favorite Trinitrons. And an interesting note on that TV: It was the TV used in the commercial for the Atari 2600 game/computer in about 1982. I was about 13, and I remember seeing that commercial and I was torn between checking out the 16 or 17-year-old blond surfer girl that was playing the Atari game on the Sony, and the Sony itsself. Well, to tell the truth, the Sony was definitely the #2 interest.

Charles
Bet the Sony is the better looking one now! LOL! Yes I have the Remote! The Picture is not washed out, and its bright and vivid and the colors are excellent.The only thing is, I put a non shielded speaker on it, and noone could tell except you guys, that the screen is a tiny bit magnetized in one corner.