View Full Version : Latest Roundie News

jshorva65
05-05-2003, 09:24 PM
I've recently been contacted by two individuals regarding three round-tube color sets they'd like to sell. As of now, I have made plans to check out a CTC4 tomorrow. The other individual has a CTC9 and a (very rough) CT100. At this point, considering what he told me about the Merrill's history, I'm going to have to see it before I consider buying it. According to the seller, it was stored in a barn. The CTC4 sounds much more promising ... owned by a retired tv tech who retired the still-working (at the time) set in favor of a 25" solid state model during the 70's. He also told me the CTC4's cabinet is in excellent shape. I can always hope for the best on the CT100 and CTC9 but I have my doubts.

andy
05-06-2003, 12:48 AM

Rob
05-06-2003, 03:17 AM
Andy,

Excuse me if I am mistaken but I believe Tim already has dibs on that particular CT-100.

Rob

jshorva65
05-06-2003, 06:03 AM
Rob,

Unless I'm mistaken, Tim was only interested in the CRT and only if it was still good. I've been told the cabinet is really rough. Tim hadn't said whether or not he was still interested if the 15GP22 is another leaker, which is likely if the cabinet is in really bad shape and hasn't been adequately supporting the tube. The first thing I plan to do is photograph the set for Tim's evaluation. If Tim isn't interested and the seller isn't looking for a huge price then I may pick it up if there's a chance that my cabinet restorer could at least turn it into a decent non-working display until I can get the chassis de-rusted and the 15GP22 rebuild project is perfected. In any case, it will be up to Tim first. After a second phone call, the CTC4 that I mentioned turns out to be a CTC5 and missing its tubes. I have spares to replace almost all the tubes, so I'll still be picking that one up ... for a significantly lower price.