View Full Version : Zenith Panorama in parking lot in Los Angeles

kx250rider
01-31-2006, 11:52 AM
(Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley) I saw a Panorama (the semi-circular rosewood and silver plastic Zenith 25" color set) in the parking lot of a warehouse yesterday... I was in a hurry and didn't stop to look at it. If anybody is wanting one of those, post a followup and I'll try to get over there and see what it is, and if it's still there. I have no place to put it, and I don't want to pick it up. I mean I'll drive by again and verify it if someone else is serious about rescuing it.

The TV is/was in the front parking lot of a bedroom furniture warehouse, Alpert's, I think is the name. West side of Winnetka Ave just North of Nordhoff St in Chatsworth.

Charles

Adam
02-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I just saw another one of these on the roadside. In Sherman Oaks, Stern Ave. off Ventura Blvd. about a block past the 7-11 on the left near a yellow fire hydrant on some grass. The plastic cabinet is a bit scratched, and it's missing the trap-door in front.

*** I drove by it today (02-04, Saturday) and it was gone.***

kx250rider
02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
I just saw another one of these on the roadside. In Sherman Oaks, Stern Ave. off Ventura Blvd. about a block past the 7-11 on the left near a yellow fire hydrant on some grass. The plastic cabinet is a bit scratched, and it's missing the trap-door in front.

Well, I guess that's where they belong for now. I used to think they were kinda neat looking, and maybe in 15 years they will be the Philco Predicta... I mean if we get an 80s retro decorating craze like we did in the 90s with the 50s (confused yet) :scratch2:

Charles

vintagecollect
02-03-2006, 03:43 PM
interested in that set if can get it KB.

:yes:

Adam
02-05-2006, 05:46 AM
The Panorama I saw is now gone. But I did see today on the curb a System 3 console with bad water-damage, if you turn off Burbank onto Fulton going towards Ventura, it is about one block down on the left.