View Full Version : 1950 DuMont spotted in PA

andy
01-15-2006, 05:18 PM

Tubejunke
01-17-2006, 10:55 PM
I gave on of those away down here in Virginia a few years ago simply because it was very large and very heavy. I kept the set from age 13 to about 32. Reason being I knew the sets local history of being possibly the first set in Henry County and definitly the most expensive. The set was purchased by the President of Stanley Furniture Co. for a hefty price. How do I know? As a kid i found the thing in the back of an antique/junk store owned by who just happend to be the man who sold the set new. He later got it back as junk which is what most 40s sets were in the early 80's, when I got the set.

I hated to give it away but I did wait to find a collector from Richmond to hopefully give her a good, dry, home. This set in PA could easily be my old set. Mine had a brightener, and the veneer was torn off the top. I will add that this set has what to me the best quality construction, and most interesting of any others I have owned. The metal/glass crt is neat and the low and high voltage rectifiers are double. The power transformer must weigh 25lbs alone. I still find Dumont products interesting and would like to find a smaller set from the same time period. You dont see many Dumont sets.