View Full Version : tube tester on ebay

hotrod54chevy
01-14-2006, 04:10 PM
dont know if anyone else saw this..might make some collector happy...kinda reminds me of the cigarette machine i saw in the antique mall..i like having worthless old giant pieces of vintage metal and wood just sitting around in my house..anyone else..?
http://cgi.ebay.com/U-Test-M-Radio-TV-Vacuum-Tube-Test-Machine_W0QQitemZ5853002039QQcategoryZ3284QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem
frank

kx250rider
01-14-2006, 11:57 PM
I have one too... Owl Drug Stores with Triad tubes advertised. Problem is that these are 100% useless except for nostalgia. They do not usually test dynamic mutual conductance. Just an arbitrary "Good/Fair/Bad" scale. But they are RARE nowadays, so I hate to see one junked. If you want to test tubes, you need a nice Hickok or B&K Mutual Conductance machine.

I vote to have it saved, but don't pay much if you can help it.

Charles

bgadow
01-16-2006, 09:30 AM
I had one offered to be locally but passed on it because of space limits. The original owner had been a local tv shop who had an arrangement to keep it in a drug store. I was able to work it out so it ended up in our town's small museum. I had wondered about the quality of these testers; now I know.

Sandy G
01-16-2006, 09:38 AM
I have a very nice TV-7 D/U that satisfies my requirements. Won't do Compactrons, but so what? It's also about the same size as a lunchbox, you can stow it about anywhere. -Sandy G.