View Full Version : OMG! A CRT Rebuild System on eBay!!!

jshorva65
03-21-2003, 11:55 AM
Anyone with the money and space to buy and set this up might want to check it out. It seems that a rebuilder of CRT's is retiring and is selling off his gear along with several tubes (finished rebuilds and rebuildable duds). If my company had the resources and the building that I hope to have perhaps 1-2 years from now, I'd jump on this. Link to the Auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2516624475&category=4660)

rca2000
03-21-2003, 11:52 PM
This looks like something that the owners of the ct-100's and other rare sets might want to look into. I e-mailed Pete Deskins the famous ct-100 colllector, with this news. If i had the money, i would probably go for it. but, right now, i am barely staying afloat.

ChuckA
03-22-2003, 09:19 AM
One thing he doesn't mention is the cost to operate the ovens. What is the average cost of electric to run a 5KW RF heater and the cost for the natural gas on a per tube basis. This would have to be subtracted from his "profit" line.

I think I'd want to see his P/L sheet for the last year or so before jumping into this, unless $12k is pocket change.

Chuck