View Full Version : Shaolin Soccer....

RussinOhio
01-07-2006, 06:12 PM
I just watched this little-known movie and I gotta say one of the most original laugh-out-loud movies I've ever seen. :yes: Just simply funny as all hell!

Basically about a down on his luck Kung-Fu master who wishes to instruct the world about the virtures of Kung-Fu....NOT for fighting...but because Kung-Fu "transcends all that....Kung-Fu is a state of mind"...but nobody gives a damn! So he meets a former soccer coach (also down-on-his-luck) and together they come up with a "great idea" KUNG-FU SOCCER!!!

The CGI effects are cool as hell...the Kung-fu techniques on a over-the-top cartoon level(Meaning RIDICULOUS)....but thats the point. Think an Asian version of a Monty Python movie and you've got it. The movie pokes fun at the whole Kung-Fu movie genre.

I watched this thing twice and I laughed harder the second time! I swear I nearly choked to death laughing!

I only know of this movie because I caught it on cable....I assure you I'm gonna look for the DVD....this gem is a keeper!

Remember....."KUNG FOO....BARRICADE SHEILD!!!!!" :D

Russ

Jack G
01-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Its available on disc, but the US version is heavily edited.
Jack

RussinOhio
01-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Its available on disc, but the US version is heavily edited.
Jack

Yes, you're right about that. I read the reviews at the Internet Movie Database and was suprised to read that so much was cut-out for the U.S. release. Still, funny as hell.

I've got the movie "stored" on my cable box until I get the DVD.

Russ