View Full Version : Rare 10-year preview prototype Zenith

kx250rider
01-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I just love it when this happens...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Collectible-Vintage-1947-Zenith-Television-N-R_W0QQitemZ6241888646QQcategoryZ3638QQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem

Evidently, this must be a prototype for the '57 Zenith that came out in '47! :yippy:

I wonder if this is the same seller who had the 1928 Philco Predicta in the paper a few years ago?

What gets me is; nobody ever misstates it as NEWER... They always want it to be much OLDER!

Charles

bgadow
01-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Not long ago someone called me with a tv for sale; I mentioned that the oldest sets I had were from 46-47. She said, quite seriously, that hers was MUCH older than that! Turned out to be a mid-50s 21" console.

Now, yesterday I got a call from a customer asking if I wanted her old tv set. She described it as being 50 years old. Worth a look...what will it be??? Turned out to be a 1980 Sears 19" color. Oh, well. It works, put it on Freecycle, somebody is supposed to pick it up this weekend to use as a video game monitor.

radio63
01-04-2006, 09:27 PM
At least they are opening the auction with a very reasonable price of $1. A lot of other folks would probably have a much higher opening amount!

vintagecollect
01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
I always thought this model had a very interesting 50s style to it. Starting price is good and realistic. It's a Zenith!!! :yes:

blue_lateral
01-05-2006, 01:37 AM
--snip--
What gets me is; nobody ever misstates it as NEWER... They always want it to be much OLDER!

Charles
It happened once. There was a 58-60 or so Maggie B/W combo someone had listed as "rare 70's etc. etc.". I was so flabbergasted that someone listed it as newer rather than older, I posted it here. An AKer in the same area went and got it, so it got a good home.

John

Sandy G
01-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Maybe its just me, but I've never had much of a problem "dating' stuff..Things generally have a period "look" about 'em that to me makes it easy to get 'em fairly close to their age. Maybe its just my lifelong infatuation w/cars, I dunno. But about any fool w/the LEAST amount of familiarity w/this stuff shoulda got that bugeye Zenith as a Fifties set...-Sandy G.