View Full Version : Losing my color sync

veg-o-matic
01-02-2006, 01:29 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what you call it when you get stripes of red, blue, and green going across the screen.

This is on the Sylvania, naturally. I can eventually get sync back by messing with the fine tuning. Usually, if I go way over in one direction and get the color bars really saturated then go back, the picture comes in fine. And it generally stays that way, though not always.

It's always like this when I turn the set on. The set doesn't have to warm up before sync is fixed, so I'm thinking it's not a heat problem.

I was going to change out the tubes in the tuner (since messing with the fine tuning seems to be the solution), then I figured it'd be a lot smarter to ask the experts first!

As always, I thank you. When the color is working right, the set has a really nice picture, even with the convergence off (that's my next project.)

Here's the tube lineup if anyone needs it.

veg

blue_lateral
01-02-2006, 03:13 PM
If you have a spare 6gh8, try substituting v22 and v24. 6gh8's short a lot. You could trade them around in the set, but I dont really reccommend that, because if one is shorted it could damage whatever circuit you plug it in to. No schematic here, hoepfully the real experts will chime in shortly :). Best of luck.

John

Chad Hauris
01-02-2006, 05:04 PM
I would go for some brand new (never used) 6GH8's, especially V22, if the burst signal is messed with you will have poor sync.