View Full Version : Monday Night Football, anyone watching on vintage TV

wa2ise
12-26-2005, 08:37 PM
So who is watching the Pats beat up on the Jets* for this last MNF game on regular terrestrial broadcast TV? On a set that would have been new for the first MNF game in 1970? Nothing here would qualify, my sets are 50's or 60's or 80's vintage...

Maybe not. The Jets just tied it. Could be a competitive game.

kx250rider
12-27-2005, 02:37 AM
Didn't catch that game, but I will be watching the Rose Parade on one of my Kaye-Halbert sets. It's a goofy tradition with me... I turn that TV on for the Rose Parade each year. Only missed the one in '80 due to a power outage from the Pico-Santa Monica Earthquake that came at about the middle of the parade. Otherwise every year, since I got that one when I was 10! It's a 20" Cambridge 253. Has a weird 20CP4 tube, unlike the usual 21s of the time. It was partially recapped in the early 80s. Otherwise, original! If I think of it, I'll post a few pictures on New Years Day (New Years activities in Pasadena to be on Monday the 2nd this year since they don't do it ever on Sundays)

Charles

bgadow
12-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Darn, last night I fired up the '69 DuMont color set which was a natural for MNF, but instead I watched the PBS documentary on Fidel Castro. The good news is that the DuMont finally seems to be behaving itself. (knock on wood)

I did fire up the CTC-15 Christmas afternoon & watched Lawrence Welk...