View Full Version : What film's playing on tv in 24 hr. party people?

thedelihaus
12-20-2005, 01:50 AM
I'm about to go mad. Please help me figure out the name of this film.

Years and years ago I caught the ending to an interesting film involving a fireman getting out of his truck and the truck running around in circles, what I believe were russian truck drivers in america, and a chicken that dances to music when a quarter is dumped into the jukebox. Of course I wanted to see the film in entirety but the tv guide had it listed as something totally different. Lo and behold, last night while watching 24 Hour Party People, as Ian Curtis (the charactor) sits down in his living room, then hangs himself, what's on the telly? This elusive movie I've been unable to identify.

Any help is appreciated. I'm going to try to scan the film credits of 24 Hour Party People to see if I can identify it.

cheers,

Paul

thedelihaus
12-20-2005, 03:30 AM
I found it- I watched 24 hour party people with the commentary track on- it's Werner Herzog's 1977 release, Stroszek...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075276/

In Werner Herzog's idiosyncratic, lyrical take, the road in question stretches between the gritty urban slums of Berlin and the equally desolate railroad flats of Wisconsin. Bruno S. (Mystery of Kaspar Hauser) plays Stroszek, just out of jail, who is trying to stop drinking. He finds a soul mate in Eva (Eva Mattes), an equally hard-up Berlin prostitute. However, the two quickly find their fate closing in on them.