View Full Version : Visitor from Italy

Charlie
12-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Yesterday and today, I had the pleasure of visiting with Dom (avalon1308) from Italy. He is here on some business, and more importantly, taking care of some color roundie issues.

He flew in to Houston last night and stayed the night at my cabin. Checked out some of the sets I have there including the Philco Diamond D that I re-capped just before Rita hit.

Today, we went to eat fried chicken (he obviously loved that... a 4-piece meal gone in 10 minutes!) and then on to my house and he got his first look at a working roundie... it was my CTC15 Beauchamp. It was really cool... it was as if he was seeing color television for the first time!

After looking at various sets around here, we dug around for some schematics he needed. I gave him one of my dud 21FBP's... he's taking it and another he brought to Hawkeye for rebuilding. They will go in an RCA and Packard Bell he has at home. He is also picking up a Maggie roundie he recently bought! WOW... this ALMOST reminds me of one of Polaraman's road trips!

He just left a little while ago. His next stop... Hawkeye. It's possible that he might stop by again when he drives back this direction.

It's always a pleasure to meet other AK members in person... and even more when they come all the way from the other side of the big rock! :yes: