View Full Version : Any new reliable TV shippers?

jroberts500
12-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Just wondering if anybody can recommend a shipper to get a TV from Omaha, Nebraska to Boca Raton, Florida safely. I will likely use Creighters & Frieghters. I heard they are reliable. I am sure they are worth the price but I couldn't help but check the price of another if possible.
Thanks, John

El Predicta
12-09-2005, 09:59 PM
You might try Greyhound. At least if they drop it, it doesn't have far to fall!

Eric H
12-09-2005, 10:53 PM
I used C&F once and they did a great job.
It was sent Air Freight properly double boxed and on a Pallet, shipped upright all the way.
Expensive? yes :eek:

I once had a seller take a set to the local UPS Store and had them pack and ship it.
It was about $100 total as I recall and it arrived OK but I wouldn't say they did a really good job of packing it and it looked like it had been rolled over a few times (Shipped UPS).

radio63
12-11-2005, 07:01 PM
I have had good experiences with Craters and Freighters. I had a GE Grandfather Clock-Radio shipped from FL to CA last year. The cabinet was packed extremely well in styrofoam sheets in a big, sturdy box. The chassis and other parts were also very well secured. They arrived on a pallet as well, shipped upright all the way. Price was over $350 but I thought it was well worth it for the quality of packing, and it was delivered to my house.

Prior to this I sold a console TV to someone in NJ. C&F came to get the set from me and packed it up and shipped it off. The guy on the other end was very pleased as well once the set arrived.