View Full Version : Clean Zenith 21" found in Hollywood today!

kx250rider
11-29-2005, 09:43 PM
I answered an ad for "old TV", and lookie what it was!!!! (Hell on earth to get to Hollywood during rush hour, but it paid off) :D

It's amazingly clean, no sun fading, water damage, or anything! Camera flash shows stuff that isn't there... Even the aluminum access doors are nice. (those are usually bent and out-of-true) The only negative is that the tube is busted at the neck. The owner said it worked fine, then got busted in moving. It'll be a long time before I get to work on it, but I think I have a tube lined up for it already. I've wanted another Zenith for quite awhile, so I was really pleasantly surprised to land this one. And remote too!

Something else will have to go up for sale to make space. Maybe my 24" Sylvania Halolight. Unsure. Whatever it winds up being, I will post in the TV swap column.

Charles

stereofisher
11-30-2005, 04:33 PM
To bad about the CRT. I remember these when times were better! Post when you get her going!

Eric

kx250rider
12-02-2005, 12:32 AM
HEY!!!??? There were more answers to this post earlier in the week... Did we lose some data?

Charles

blue_lateral
12-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I think so.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=53232

John

frenchy
12-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Shame about the tube being snapped but good that you are finding another one. Look at the bright side, maybe the tube was shot anyway and the guy just thought it looked good enough for an old set.
Remote control - cool!!!

kx250rider
12-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Got a new tube today thanks to Tom Ryan!!! I will be installing it in a few days, and hopefully the rest of the set is without any major problems otherwise.

And a BONUS: I just noticed that this TV is a non-UHF model! This makes it a very early one. Chassis 25LC20Q.

Charles

rca2000
12-03-2005, 01:42 AM
It is in a combo, with a hybrid stereo in it. (amp is ss, the rest is tubes). The remote works somewhat.The CRT is good in mine, with BAD cataracts. It works, but has vertical roll, (no doubt needs caps), and doesn't seem to tune right. I tried to hook up a laserdisc to it, a few days ago, and couldn't get the Fine tuning to work right. (the LD played Jaws and Def Lappard quite well on the other Zenith Roundie, a 29jc20, however.)Some Regular channels, like 12 and 9, work fair, OTA.

I have at laeat 2 sets of manuals for it. (the 25lc20qs)

kx250rider
12-03-2005, 12:10 PM
OOH; Jealousy here... The 29JC20 is the one I really want; with the two LV rectifier tubes! Thank you for mentioning the manuals... I think I have one among my Zenith books.

Charles

Telecolor 3007
12-10-2005, 04:11 AM
Yes, ultarsound remote control!!! :rockon: