View Full Version : Photography and Screenshots

Pete Deksnis
11-29-2005, 05:45 PM
With all the interest in photographing vintage color sets, I diped back and wrote up a bit about it based on some experience I had back in the seventies. It's at the bottom of this link titled, How to Take a Screenshot.

http://home.att.net/~pldexnis/potpourri1/lastpage5.html

Dave S
11-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi Pete,

I just read your treatise, and it's a great piece, right on the money. If folks heed your suggestions, we should be seeing a lot of nice screen shots!

Reminds me of some sage advice that I remember getting from an old professor in a photography class in college. His advice doesn't apply directly to shooting images off TV screens, but it's a fun observation. He asked what were two of the most important things a photographer had at his disposal to help make better pictures? After waving off the obvious "special lenses" and "fancy film" answers, he got a few ones like "his brain" and "his eyes" that were a little closer to where he was coming from. Finally he gave his answer (this was back when zoom lenses were all the rage): Two of the most important things a photographer uses to make his pictures better are HIS LEGS!