View Full Version : The space race

captainmoody
11-29-2005, 12:37 PM
5 kids, three bedroom house and no room! I have set up another bedroom in the basement for my oldest son and of course the collection now gets smaller!
As a collector I have learned how to get 10 pounds of you know what in a 5 pound bag, regardless through the years some sets still had to go. I had even built heavy duty shelf units so I could stack my entertainment centers without damage. There were sets stored 3 deep before the downsizing and I had forgotten just what the heck I had! The thing is if I can't actually see what I have in my collection or use it occasionally then why have it at all? So after the purge all televisions are now accessible and even watchable, more or less creatively stacked with smaller items tucked in here and there...
Here are a couple of pictures of my office area with a few favorites, RCA CTC 38 console with a 27 on top, '68 Moto WID with a CTC19 mini console on top.
I have another area with the entertainment centers and a few color portables from the 60's. As a matter of fact, I am sticking to collecting the portables for now as they are a LOT easier to handle.

captainmoody
11-29-2005, 12:47 PM
As far as entertainment centers, I am down to five and that's pretty good for me... My favorites are the SC600 and the CTC 21. I still have stuff at my parents farm in NC to deal with soon as well though, (several vehicles in the barn and a few console roundies upstairs in my old bedroom)
They are thinking of selling the land to a developer and the thought of it makes me sick. :sigh:

vintagecollect
12-16-2005, 08:04 PM
I know what you mean, I can't bring another full size TV home!! Made several shelves for smaller ones. A nice collection can be done in a small space that doesn't intrude on the rest of the house. Good luck on getting some nice Portables!! I have also moved some nice portables in bedroom, other areas to justify keeping them. My family can't complain if they use them too!!

:thmbsp: