View Full Version : Rca G-2000

wiseguy
03-02-2003, 06:21 AM
i am trying to help someone sell a lot of rca old sets and parts,he has a few of those late 40's rca round tube sets,and a mint 1949 early projection sets also..
but one thing he also has is an unsold RCA G-2000,it even has the remote and all in the original sealed bag,included is an "extender card",this came from the owner of an RCA dealer parts dist who died a few years ago..
i think the g-2000 was the first color solid state set in 1968?and suppose to be only 2000 built at a price tage of (wow) $2000.00
what would be a far price to set for this set?i dont have room for it but may help him list it on e-bay..
thanks
terry

captainmoody
03-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Wow! That one is one of a kind! I'd list it on ebay with a 1k reserve and see what happens.... There is a wealthy buyer, His name on ebay is spectrion, I'm sure he would be real interested! There are also some others, sgeorgr and jutz2k that will probably jump in. I have seen the three fight it out in the past over color sets, Doug just recently sold a hybrid zenith for a good amount to spectrion, So this along with his past history tells me he buys all kinds of interesting sets.
I know from past bidding experiences that all three can go quite high on their bids......:D

rcaman
03-02-2003, 01:14 PM
yes i am sgeorgr. i can afford the sets. BUT i am out of room.
just grabbed me a rca 61" hdtv swapped a computer for it. now i am using my laptop as i spend most of my time outdoors during the spring and summer. i am going to re restore all of my 21" round color sets as i was in a hurry the first time. i am going to take my time and bring all them up to factory spects. i would like to have a ct100 one day but only if we can get the tubes rebuilt. everyone have a great weekend. by the way what are all you guys going to do with your sets when you pass on. i am going to leave mine to steve mcvoy at the early television museam
steve

captainmoody
03-02-2003, 02:23 PM
Ah, So it is you that has sniped me before! (just kidding). You know, It's funny but spectrion has bought a lot of my stuff, But not from me! I have given or sold items to my friends and when they put them up on the bay he snaps them up!
Do you have any Motorola "works in a drawer" sets? Those are my favorites. I must have several hundred modules and cabinet parts for those ones, All nos. Only have 4 of those tv's at this time though.
Dwight.

rcaman
03-03-2003, 10:11 AM
dont have any of those. but have thrown plenty awaw over the years.. steve

wvsaz
03-03-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by wiseguy
i think the g-2000 was the first color solid state set in 1968?

Nope, this was RCA's first solid state color set (1969). Credit for the first solid state color set goes to Motorola for the TS915 "Quasar" (1967).

captainmoody
03-03-2003, 11:54 AM
Yes, That's right, I forgot to mention that in my first reply. Motorola was the first. I have a TS-915 (back wiew) pictured in the solid state listing.