View Full Version : Silvertone remote set

polaraman
10-28-2005, 09:41 PM
I was bidding on this set. Some person drove it all the way up to $350.00. Do you think the high bidder is a friend of the selle? I do not like the name of the hight bidder. Merrypropster. Looks as though it may become a prop. It would be a real shame if it does. I would have liked to have the set but not for $350.00.

polaraman

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:ONA:US:11&Item=6219462183

Eric H
10-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Looks like the reserve was $350!
Nice looking set but that's too much!

polaraman
10-28-2005, 11:26 PM
I think they are attempting to bait somebody!!!! Not ME! :no:

polaraman

jroberts500
10-29-2005, 11:35 AM
I think the seller is playing the same game I told you about that the '64 RCA combo seller played. Many Ebay sellers do this with all sorts of items but usually just the more expensive things. I looked at the items the seller sold(you do this by clicking the number beside the seller's name and click each item number) and he recieved one negative feedback for not selling an item that didn't bring enough money. That is a seriously big clue to support my allegation. Also, the buyer has purchased at least one classic TV, which makes him a little more likely to be what I suspect, however, I didn't have time to check all his items because I am in Boca Raton dealing with hurricane aftermath. I am at a shopping mall computer. I would bet that if you will be very patient and allow his likely friend to win the set, you will see that the bidder will not take it over whatever reserve they have and it will be relisted just like the '64 RCA I hope to get. You may have to do this through 2, 3, or more relistings till the seller comes down off his high horse. I think the set is worth your efforts. I have never seen one like it and it looks like one of those that could be the last one left.
John

Charlie
10-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey Rich,

Don't know if you remember it or not, but there is a Silvertone exactly like this one in the attic at the old TV shop here in town. Of course, it's in poor shape, but, it was one that caught my eye. I never looked at the insides since it was up against the wall with several sets around it. The outside was in such bad shape that I figured it wasn't worth the trouble. Very unique looking set in any case!