View Full Version : Brunswick television on Ebay!

polaraman
10-23-2005, 06:18 PM
I really like Oriental cabinet televisions! Too far away right now for me.

polaraman

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Oriental-Television-Set-Gr8-Condition-Must-See_W0QQitemZ6219903691QQcategoryZ3638QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

rld-tv01
11-20-2005, 07:52 PM
I got this Brunswick TV on eBay cheap. It has a 10" screen. There is no identification at all on the chassis. It has the Brunswick name on the cabinet plus has channel 1 stenciled on wood around channel changer. The speakers are missing and someone cut most of the wires and removed the tubes but it has the CRT.

Celt
11-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I wonder if that Brunswick had any affiliation with the Brunswick record company of that era? And wasn't there a Brunswick that made pinball machines? :scratch2:

Bill Cahill
11-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi. Yes, indeed, it is the same Brunswicke Balke Calendor of the 20's, on up. They had a few home entertainment items made for them by other companies. If you send me pictures of chassis, I might be able to identify it for you. Wish I could trade you for it. Nice find.... Sounds, and looks like it is a mess. My guess is it might have used one speaker, and other was just a matching panel. Brunswick sold bowling balls, pool tbles, lots of sports items. They made alot of money in the sports field in 40's-70's. Yep, same company........ :banana: :thmbsp: :yes:

kx250rider
11-21-2005, 12:53 AM
The Brunswick radio-phono consoles of the 1920s & 30s were really RCA Radiolas. I had one. Slightly different cabinet, but it was a Radiola 18 with a Victor Electrola. Also saw a Brunswick BIG console radio-phono that was an RCA Bourget-II rebranded and with a different cabinet paint scheme. Not sure about this TV, but I say it looks Magnavoxish.

Charles

veg-o-matic
11-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Magnavoxish.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bill Cahill
11-21-2005, 04:51 PM
I think I agree. I also, make clear that after leaving wind up phonos they went to more profitable venues, especially sports equipment. However, as noticed, they had a few mannufacturers, especially RCA Victor produce a few items for them with their name to keep some of their old customers happy. Hey, if you don't want to keep that chinese tv, I'd gladly trade another tv for it... Thanks..... :yes: :)

Jonathan
11-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Looks to me like a 630TS clone, especially since it had channel 1.

Jonathan