View Full Version : GE clock, radio TV

polaraman
09-07-2005, 10:39 PM
Saw this combo on Ebay. Seems there was a little battle over the last GE listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Tv-With-Radio-Works-NR_W0QQitemZ5806905766QQcategoryZ73374QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

polaraman

Aage
09-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Looks like it might have been "liberated" from a hotel.

old_tv_nut
09-08-2005, 08:32 AM
I have a Zenith hotel/motel set that I bought at employee sales many years ago. (20-inch, I think.) It's the perfect thing for the bedroom, guest room (or now that I think of it, a kid's room, because it has a volume limiter setting :) ). It has an alarm clock, sleep timer, and automatic station scan for both the TV and the AM/FM radio. Once setup, you can step through the radio stations as well as the TV stations with the remote channel up/down. I tried to convince Zenith marketing at the time that this should be sold to the general public, but got no interest.

maxm
09-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Is that set up for auction a GE or Panasonic? I have seen Panasonic sets like that with wooden cabinets, but didn't tihnk GE ever made a wood version of their TV/Radio/Clock set.

bgadow
09-09-2005, 11:35 AM
I can picture that situation at Zenith, TV Nut. You, the engineer, looking like Dilbert, having to deal with the pointy haired boss...