View Full Version : The rejuvenating proceedure I use

oldtvman
08-19-2005, 07:12 PM
In all my years servicing consumer electronics, I've found that the best way to restore a crt, if it comes to that, is to lay the set down face first and then proceed. this keeps the chances of the particles from lodging themselves back in the gun assembly and causing further problems. the other trick is to use a crt brightner for a short period of time and sometimes the increased filament voltage will bring the tube back for a while, then remove the brightner and see if that helps any

jroberts500
08-24-2005, 09:49 PM
Makes sense to me... Thanks!

yagosaga
08-25-2005, 01:58 AM
In all my years servicing consumer electronics, I've found that the best way to restore a crt, if it comes to that, is to lay the set down face first and then proceed. this keeps the chances of the particles from lodging themselves back in the gun assembly and causing further problems.
This is a good idea! Especially for bad rebuilded crts which usually contain more dust and particles than a new one, which limit the life time.
Do you switch on the set in this position? Do you knock the crt for helping these particles falling down? <joking>Perhaps a little earthquake could help in this restoring process too.</joking>