View Full Version : CoLoR fish tank

Carmine
08-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-EAMES-ERA-DANISH-MODERN-CONSOLE-TV-RCA-VICTOR_W0QQitemZ6201207839QQcategoryZ3638QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

My thought was to take the guts out and put a fish tank in it….thus fish TV. I know, it wasn’t an original idea but it’s a good one. So if you are creative, here you go…a Danish modern cabinet to do whatever with.

Now why can't I find a Zenith with a cabinet like this?

Sandy G
08-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Awwww, man !! That is SO WRONG on so many levels !1-Sandy G.

veg-o-matic
08-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Well, Polaraman is bidding on it, so I think it's safe to say it WON'T turn into a fish tank!

veg

bgadow
08-14-2005, 10:06 PM
The armchair detective sez: CTC-11, looks like a greenish halo on the crt, Sylvania (or Zenith?) replacement? Remote set? Good luck, polara, this would be a good catch.

Eric H
08-14-2005, 10:10 PM
Somday I want to buy an Aquarium and convert it into a TV set just for spite.

polaraman
08-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Wish I knew what the reserve is. Hope it is not one of those $10,000 retro Era sets. Hate to see a fish tank made out of it.

polaraman

holmesuser01
08-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Guys! Thats the cabinet that my CTC-10C uses. This one looks like it might be a remote set, too. CTC-11, I believe. :banana: :thmbsp:

vintagecollect
08-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Why the hell does everyone want to make these fish tanks??? A TV shop several years back told me to do this when I collected old color roundies. I guess that's why they're not in business anymore.

:D

Sandy G
08-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Make fish tanks outta roundies ?!? Phuckin' Philistines !! <grin>-Sandy G.

polaraman
08-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I am back from a much needed vacation. I won the set!!! Today I requested the model or chassis number from the seller. Hope she can get it to me soon. I can't pick up the set till the weekend after Labor day. We may have to wait for the bloody details till then.

polaraman

My days in Georgia are numbered. The Army has decided to move me to South Carolina in January. (Fort Jackson) This will be my 7th PCS move in 18 years. I really love the moving part of the experience. I have pretty much played out all the Tv stuff in Columbus.(Fort Benning) I will now have another community to raid! :naughty:

polaraman
08-25-2005, 10:58 PM
The model number was posted in the listing. It is a CTC 11. Model number is 212 G 916 RV. What does the RV mean?

polaraman

polaraman
09-18-2005, 12:02 AM
I just got back from picking up the set. It is a CTC 11E. The CRt was replaced with a Sylvania on 5-5-77. It is Testing good on all three guns. The red was really slow to come up to the green level. It is up there and staying there now. The assumptions were right!!! THIS IS A REMOTE CONTROL SET!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: The 6JE6 has air in it. The cabinet is in beautiful condition. There is not a bad mark on it. I will post some pictures tomorrow. Anybody got a picture of the remote. Need to hunt one down.

polaraman

polaraman
09-18-2005, 07:43 PM
My joy of finding a remote set was short lived. There are some wires cut and some gears missing. I also think I am missing something else. What is it? There is a unused socket for a plug that goes some place. Where does the cable from the remote sensor attatch to? Any help on the missing parts would be greatly appreciated.

polaraman

frenchy
09-19-2005, 01:52 AM
My joy of finding a remote set was short lived. There are some wires cut and some gears missing. I also think I am missing something else. What is it? There is a unused socket for a plug that goes some place. Where does the cable from the remote sensor attatch to? Any help on the missing parts would be greatly appreciated. polaraman

On my CTC-10 there is a separate amplifier chassis in the set, a bunch of fine wires run from that geared area to that amp via a molex plug. Also the sensor plug plugs into that amp. Is the amp in there? I would bet (but am not sure) that the remote control that would go with it is the same one I have, the fancy gold one with 6 small buttons and one channel bar, same basic controls set up as mine, the remote in this video:
http://www.archive.org/details/NewSeven1959
There should be a nice sized motor in those gears somewhere that drive all the other gears but can't tell if your's is missing or it's just a different design than mine and the motor is hidden in there. On mine the motor is to the left of that geared area. If you want some pics let me know and I'll snap what you want. At least on mine they just disabled the remote by pulling a few tubes : ( Good luck...Frenchy

frenchy
09-23-2005, 12:40 AM
Since sounds like you have the same chassis as me here's what da remote's supposed to look like, I see them on ebay once in a while so they are not that hard to find... it polished up like a new penny, they really knew how to make stuff look classy back then! My mom said the buttons look like diamonds, they are thick and clear and the backs are mirrored. These old remotes are fun just to own by themselves...Frenchy

kc8adu
09-25-2005, 07:56 AM
Somday I want to buy an Aquarium and convert it into a TV set just for spite.
roflol!
i have a 7" elecrtrostat chassis here i may do just that with.
are there nuts who collect fishtanks that will get upset?

Pete Deksnis
09-25-2005, 09:55 AM
...are there nuts who collect fishtanks that will get upset?
Let's hope so! :D

Carmine
09-25-2005, 04:00 PM
I hope it's not wrong to post a locked thread, but since we're talking about ruining old TV sets, did any of you catch this one????

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47165

:banana: