View Full Version : Someone Grab This nice SC 300!!!

jpdylon
08-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Saw this while browsing epay this morning. Very nice space command 300 console set with remote, and it is working as indocated by the pictures. Its way to far for me. Someone needs to save this tv and restore it to its former glory.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Space-Commander-300-Zenith-TV-w-Remote-Books_W0QQitemZ6197232031QQcategoryZ3638QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

bgadow
08-05-2005, 03:02 PM
That is a neat one; that cabinet design was more common in the 60s & looks just a little out of place with that "Space Age" front trim.

vintagecollect
08-08-2005, 02:21 AM
I would bid but already overbought this year. probaly 60s set. Remote and Zenith still make it very collectable though. It was closer would definetly bid. Great price for all features to work, including remote.

Bill Cahill
08-08-2005, 10:57 AM
I think it may be 1959. I'm not as lucky. I have the metal cabinet "Portable" 16" version of the 300 series, and it has major remote problems. Motor keeps going, or jamming, Or, switches just sit, and spark at you, depending on its' mood. I have bad switch in main solonoid, and before that broke, Motor would only switch one station at a time, and stop for every one, no matter how you had it set up. Switch on back of motor had a tendency, also, to arc. Still need to fix that one, and I haven't even re-built tv yet!! Did re-build remote amplifier, though. Seems this set has had alot of use, abuse, though looks wise, it's in very nice shape. :)