View Full Version : Know of radio repair??

vintagecollect
07-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Anyone know of a good repairman for old transistor radios??? Please PM me, Thanks!!!

kc8adu
08-04-2005, 08:26 AM
i can repair them.
what do you have?
unless you arre all thumbs you may be able to do it yourself.
post the make model and symptoms.

dave500
09-01-2005, 08:54 AM
I've been repairing transistor radios (both American and off-shore), as well as audio and radio restoration since the mid 1960's. Located in Upstate NY. If you need advice, email me.
-Dave

El Predicta
01-18-2006, 08:33 AM
I repair/restore antique TV's, mainly Predictas, but I need help on a Panasonic RX 5100 BOOMBOX. My 81 year old cousin brought it to me awhile back (he thinks I can fix anything, ha!). The Panasonic is clean and has a lot of sentimental-and practical-use for him. He said it was working fine till he plugged it into his car's cigarette lighter plug. I checked the power supply;seems to be working, puts out DC, etc. If I put my ear next to a speaker, I can hear a very slight "hiss". I'd be glad to pay for a repair-help!
Larry in Texas

kc8adu
01-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I repair/restore antique TV's, mainly Predictas, but I need help on a Panasonic RX 5100 BOOMBOX. My 81 year old cousin brought it to me awhile back (he thinks I can fix anything, ha!). The Panasonic is clean and has a lot of sentimental-and practical-use for him. He said it was working fine till he plugged it into his car's cigarette lighter plug. I checked the power supply;seems to be working, puts out DC, etc. If I put my ear next to a speaker, I can hear a very slight "hiss". I'd be glad to pay for a repair-help!
Larry in Texas
reversed polarty may have occured.
ouch!
might not be too hard to fix or might be a wreck.
have you opened it up and looked for damage?

El Predicta
01-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Checked it visually, no blown electrolytics, burned resistors, etc. Can you help-I could mail it to you?