View Full Version : Ebay: Philco roundie color combo

polaraman
07-25-2005, 06:35 PM
Nice looking set. Buy it now $100. Our own Captain Moody is selling the set.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6196449579&category=3638&rd=1

polaraman

jpdylon
07-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Why are all the sets I want too far from me??? :dammit:

David Roper
07-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Nice looking set? Matter of taste I s'pose.

But that is the fugliest combo I've seen!

vintagecollect
07-25-2005, 08:14 PM
I think it's a great looking set!!! Danish modern looking design to me. Set works???

:thmbsp: :banana:

colortrakker
07-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Like the descrip says: "Tv and phono/radio work fine." Too bad it's too big and too far. It's a beaut!

frenchy
07-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Not into combos especially that long but for 100 bucks I'd go for it if I was around there...

veg-o-matic
07-26-2005, 08:25 AM
Nice looking set? Matter of taste I s'pose.

But that is the fugliest combo I've seen!

I kind of like it, myself.

For true baboon-butt ugliness, take a look at the Kaye-Halbert monstrosity in the BW forum:

Linky (http://65.219.61.150/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=36225)

Sandy G
07-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah, that gawdawful thing looks like Uncle Fester's bedroom set...-Sandy G.

bgadow
07-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Hey, I didn't know he had that one. Not real bad looking to my eyes, sort of like somebody built a tv set into their dresser. (my parents bedroom set was very similiar, a wedding present from back in '68!) I do want a color Philco, but too many miles.

andy
07-26-2005, 01:28 PM
---

TVtommy
07-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Dude, that Kaye-Halbert is the shiznik! It would only be better in blond mahogany. I had the unfortunate circumstance to junk out a similar Philco I found in a barn near my house. The roof leaked and had destroyed the cab and the flyback was shorted (would actually make HV with an accompany by the arc and sizzle fife core). But lo and behold the crt found a home in the RCA roundie that keeps me company in my shop now! All is not lost! Love to have that one to keep my monster of a Curtis-Mathis company but its a long long way from Virginny to its present destination.

captainmoody
07-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Yes, it is a 1963 and the chassis is an RCA clone. Here is a pic of it working.

jroberts500
07-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I hope it finds a good home. I would love to have it but it's too far. That's a great deal!

polaraman
07-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Bgadow is drooling. I see a road trip in his near future.

I would go for it but I am being held hostage by my folks this month. The funds I have for travel will be spent going back to Pennsylvania for the annual family picnic. I will be all over Ebay looking for sets to pick up along the way. Can't come home empty handed from a long trip.

polaraman

bgadow
07-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Ha! Not today...my back won't let me double-stack consoles anymore, and thats what I would have to do if I brought this baby home!

veg-o-matic
07-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Well, let's see. If you get rid of the china cabinet and move the sofa a few feet...

Bryyyyyyannnnnnn.......you wannnnnnnnnt thissssssss......you must haaaaaaaave it........ Kim will never knoooooooooooow...... :D

captainmoody
07-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I pulled the auction today due to lack of interest, I needed the space but will just have to get rid of something else to make more room for this behemoth!

bgadow
07-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Veg, you're just trying to get back at me for talking you into that Sylvania!

I am really surprised nobody grabbed this set. Geez, folks are on here left & right complaining they can never find a roundie & here it is, working, decent price, & its not something run of the mill, either.

captainmoody
07-28-2005, 12:21 PM
It's too big, It's too ugly, It's too far, Maybe it's because Michigan has bad roads and people have to drive through the worst part of Detroit to pick stuff up from me!
At least that is what I have heard as excuses a few times...
Wish I could offer free delivery or a smaller, prettier set to those nice people but am not independently wealthy right now!!
Heck, I have even offered FREE working 60's sets including roundies on this forum in the past with no takers!
Go figure...

Carmine
07-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Capt'n,

You can always count on me before it hits the curb... Even if I only sit on it for a while, lol.

At least it's not too far to drive (although it takes me through the worst part of the Shores...lol)

:naughty:

vintagecollect
08-02-2005, 05:47 PM
It's not everyday a nice TV is offered for sale & NOT someone's project. If it was closer, I would of happily bidded on it. You guys missed the boat(newer collectors wanting a nice set). TV was easily worth $100 bucks completely operational w/sound system to boot. If first time collector wanted a great set ready to turn on, should of bidded. I'm sure $100 can go quick into paying for repairs properly done, ---or parts alone. Maybe captain----------- good for you to hold on TV for a while, sets not going to go down in value anyways???????

captainmoody
08-02-2005, 08:13 PM
My problem is 5 kids and lack of space, had to build another room in the basement and you know what that does to the collection! I spent 50.00 for the set a little over a year ago and went through it repairing the cataract on the tube as well as replacing a few other things to make it a good useable unit. $100.00 was reasonable considering what I had purchased it for as well as the repairs..
Anyway, I managed to give away two other consoles yesterday to make room for this combo. Now I can actually use it in the corner of the basement!

Tony V
08-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Captain,
If i had a way to come and get it i would have bought it from you as its worth every penny you were asking. It is almost a twin to my RCA CTC12 combo i have and similar to Charlie's Curtis Mathes. I understand about the space but am glad you decided to keep it for at least a while anyway as at least its in a good home.
-Tony

TVtommy
08-03-2005, 06:13 AM
Gee Whiz, If I only had a drivers licsense and knew how to get to Michigan. I'm working on the licsense issue and I think my old US atlas circa 19too old is somewhere around here. No Roundie in need of rescue shall go orphaned once I'm back on the road! (hopefully I won't create any orphans once I'm back on the road)