View Full Version : #44 Lamp -- Modern drop-in LED Replacement

Jonathan
06-22-2005, 12:41 AM
Well guys,

I have found a modern white LED drop-in replacement for a #44 lamp. No modification of the circuit is required, just 6VAC comming directly from the power transformer. Of course, this replacement can't be used in series strings to drop voltages or act as a fuse. It can only be used for dial lamps or some lamp that illuminates some sort of indicator that is connected in parallel from 6VAC to ground just like every other 6VAC tube filament is connected that way.

The part number is MB403-W6AC-CW and can be aquired from www.datadisplay.com

Either request a sample or ask for the nearest distributer.

Now I know there are some diehards here that wouldn't dream on putting an LED in an old TV or radio :) but for better illumination, it's worth it. :P

Here are some pics:

rek50
06-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the tip!

Charlie
06-22-2005, 02:47 PM
It kinda took me a couple of minutes to realize WHAT we were supposed to be looking at in the second pic... I finally saw it. :)

Interesting bulb. Hey, they're worth a try! Besides, some radio/tv dials would benefit from more light. Sometimes dials just dont show up well due to bulb position or dial design. This brighter LED bulb could possibly make a noticeable difference.

Steve D.
06-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Jonathan,

The heat from the #44 bulb that is behind the channel indicator on my CTC-5 Deluxe, has actually warped the plastic channel number drum. If your led bulb runs cooler that would be a plus. Thanks for the heads up.

-Steve D.

oldtvman
06-23-2005, 08:08 PM
gee i happen to have a slew of #44 bulbs in the shop

Jonathan
06-25-2005, 02:04 AM
Steve,

It doesn't even get warm! These things are amazing. :)

Jonathan

John Folsom
06-25-2005, 10:32 AM
What is the unit price on the LEDs?

Jonathan
06-25-2005, 02:09 PM
I honestly don't know. :P I just got a sample and never ordered from the distributer yet. Go to www.datadisplay.com and contact a distributer.

Jonathan