View Full Version : Moving time.

rca2000
06-11-2005, 03:30 PM
I am moving from my old storage garage in Middletown, and I am moving to a smaller palce near my house. (of course, I could only use about half of the old one, since the roof leaked and such). So--I am going to "thin out my stash" a litle-- Several color sets will be available, for sale(ONLY to a good home, NO conversions, please!!)

I have 3-24nc31 Zenith roundies. I will sell 2 of them.
I have a '71 or so Zenith 25" set, maybe a 14a9c50, or such.
I have a '68 or 69 Zenith console, 25", with power tuning.

Pictures, with my pOS digital camera, follow::

Steve D.
06-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Jack,

That first roundie pix threw me for for a second.
Then I realized the set is upside down. The 2nd Zenith roundie should go quickly. Nice cabinet.

-Steve D.

NowhereMan 1966
06-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Dang that 1971 Zenith looks a little like my 1970/71 Zenith Chromacolor 23 incher although the cabinet is different but the knobs are the same. IIRC, my cabinet is the Boyden, I saw it on the back of a November 1970 National Geographic. Wish I could help ya, but money is tight for me right now. Looks like yours is a Chromacolor too.

Chuck

compucat
06-12-2005, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=rca2000]I am moving from my old storage garage in Middletown, and I am moving to a smaller palce near my house. (of course, I could only use about half of the old one, since the roof leaked and such). So--I am going to "thin out my stash" a litle-- Several color sets will be available, for sale(ONLY to a good home, NO conversions, please!!)

I have 3-24nc31 Zenith roundies.

how much are you asking for this one?

http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34255

How much would it cost to ship to Suffolk VA 23434? I have always wanted a round tube color TV, especially a Zenith. Does it have UHF? What is the condition of the cabinet, back, CRT? Is there any water damage or chassis rust? That sure is a beautiful set.

roundscreen
06-17-2005, 08:52 AM
rca2000
I would be interested in buying both of the zenith roundies if you still have them.
You are not to far from me.
ED
roundscreen@aol.com

mg196
06-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Is this a classified ad "discreetly" posted in a regualr forum? C'mon guys.

rca2000
06-17-2005, 12:59 PM
And trust me, i plan to give AK 10%, of whatever I get. Not to mention, I just donated that 9090db, that CDfixer restored, and was sold, and the profits given to AK. SO I would say, I have 'fed the kitty", lately!!

bgadow
06-17-2005, 01:44 PM
could've gone in the tv swap forum, right? but didn't bother me.

rca2000
06-17-2005, 08:08 PM
rca2000
I would be interested in buying both of the zenith roundies if you still have them.
You are not to far from me.
ED
roundscreen@aol.com

Yes, both roundies are still available, as are all of the others.

mbates14
06-17-2005, 10:22 PM
dont feel bad RCA. i moved also. and I left my collection behind. I need to get a uhaul to get it, but i cant afford one :(

roundscreen
06-18-2005, 06:08 AM
Yes, both roundies are still available, as are all of the others.
I sent you a e mail.
Ed

rca2000
07-11-2005, 04:40 PM
I checked the condition of the roundies and other sets I have , and ALL of them are still intact. The two roundies shown in the picture still have good cabinets, (not perfect, but good), and no water has messed them up. they are at the front of the garage, and not much water gets in there. it mainly goes at the back, where the hole in the roof is.

HOWEVER.. I could NOT test any of my sets... 'cause I have no POWER coming out of my outlet... The outlet is right under where the hole in the roof is, and I wonder if that has killed the power to it, (and I do NOT have access to the breaker panel). So, I an going to try to get some power, If I have to, i will drop a cord from my lights I patched in 15 years ago, and get power from there. I am SURE all of the sets are not "stone dead".

I will attempt this tomorrow, as I want to get rid of the sets, in the next wek or two-- I need to be out by the end of the month. I will keep you all informed.