View Full Version : CTC-4 & CTC-11

avalon1308
06-09-2005, 02:41 AM
Hi, I just bought a CTC-4 and a CTC-11.
I am looking for any kind of documentations I can have on those two sets.
The CTC-4 was purchased on Ebay and the second one from a home in Colorado where it was in a family since 1962. The second one is a real nice set TV/Turntable/radio.
If anyone can help me with that I would appriciate it a lot. Just had a contact with Ed REiten and he told me I would find everything here on this forun.
A bit of history: I have been a TV collector for at least 20 years in Belgium, I have roughly 130 sets starting from the '40s to '70s. Most of the sets are B/W since color television here did not really kick off before the late '60s.
I also have a few sets coming from the eastern countries.
All the belgium sets came with 4 differents standards ranging from 625 lines to 819 lines. System only used by France and Belgium. Some french ones using 441 lines and quite a few british ones using 405 lines.
I am now trying to start collecting american sets these two sets will be the first ones in my collection except for a 1949 Admiral set purchased a few years ago in an auction (unfortunately not working and no docs on it).
If somebody could help me on this request, I would appriciate it a lot.
Thanks.

Chad Hauris
06-09-2005, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the early color television forum...I have the RCA field service guides for these sets and also should have the photofact folders and can scan some of the information...our other members should have info. too.

Sandy G
06-09-2005, 09:21 AM
130 sets ?!? Damn, son, you really did get bit by the colecting bug bad, didn't ya ? <grin> Anyhow, welcome to AK-You'll find a fair number of like-minded guys here.-Sandy G.