View Full Version : A question about The Rifleman

Donny
05-27-2005, 08:15 PM
I saw an episode years ago that had a judge in it that would say something like "I am the judge of all things" I would like to know the whole saying cause I don't remember it!

Thatch_Ear
05-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Sounds like something from the Bible. If some accounts are correct there were a lot of "Judges and Lawyers" who were just good talkers and could recite chapter and verse but didn't know jack about the law.
But thinking about the years the Rifleman was made and how TV shows had to impart good clean American Values..........who knows where the hell it came from.

jackbean
06-11-2005, 10:20 PM
great show, i remember having that rifle as a youngin :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
wish i still had that da** toy what an item to have

VintageNut
06-12-2005, 11:24 PM
I remember a dude in High School who loved that show so much, he had a gunsmith modify his lever action Winchester to be just like Lucas McCain's rifle, with the big loop lever. Back then, it was common for the boys to talk about hunting in class. I can't imagine the same talk today taking place at school.

Holst
06-13-2005, 10:15 AM
" I am the judge of all things" and I just love Johnny Crawfords new album? I don't think it's a direct quote from the bible, but some of those old TV writers could come up with some pretty lofty stuff from time to time.

DanTana
06-13-2005, 01:56 PM
When I was in 7th grade I brought my shotgun to school for show and tell. Then I was a competition shooter and got permission from the Principal, as long as I left it in his office before and after the class. I bet it was the first and last time that happened at my school.

JoZmo
06-13-2005, 02:09 PM
OK, who knows what Chuck Conners did before he was the Rifleman... no cheating now, don't go a-googlin!

tentoze
06-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Baseball been berry, berry good to him (but not really, I think). He played ball for some major league team, for a bit, I think.

CarlV
06-13-2005, 03:32 PM
OK, who knows what Chuck Conners did before he was the Rifleman... no cheating now, don't go a-googlin!
Before or after the stag flicks?

Carl

Mark B
06-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Pro Baseball and Basketball.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/mxblack/TheRiflemanandSon1.jpg

JoZmo
06-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Before or after the stag flicks?

Carl

LOL... :lmao:

Yup, he played baseball and basketball and I believe he played for the Celtics at one time.

russkish
06-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Immediately before taking on the Lucas McCain role, Chuck Connors made a great villain in William Wyler's epic Western, "The Big Country," released in 1958. Connors played the mean son of an equally mean Burl Ives. They engage in all sorts of mayhem in a conflict over water rights on a huge parcel of open land. Connors was an excellent heavy. Maybe even better as a bad guy than a good guy. He struck terror in the hearts of Jean Simmons and Carroll Baker in "The Big Country."