View Full Version : 1940s Philco projection tv.

tom1356
05-10-2005, 05:38 PM
http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/vintage/messages/103611.html

polaraman
05-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Polaraman scored this set. I just sent the money and will pick it up next week. I have a RCA projection set already. I need to get one of the sets working. I missed out on a Philco projection set last year. It was just too cool to pass up. I am also running out of room!

polaraman

polaraman
06-04-2005, 01:01 PM
The Philco 48-2500 is finally here. It is in overall good shape. I am missing the back, speaker and the cover to the HV cage. The mirror will also need to be resilvered. I need a couple of hardware pieces also. I am pretty happy to have it. This will be my second projection set. The other being an RCA.

Eric H
06-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Here's a couple pics of the speaker, the cone is perfect but the back side of the frame is rusty, working condition unknown at this time but that's not usually a problem.
It should clean up and be paintable but perhaps Chuck has one that's less cosmetically challenged?

Mine doesn't have the HV cage either, I think these run about 25kv so that would be a good thing to have!

I had started to clean mine up a little to see if I could get enthused about restoring it, it didn't help, I decided it was too far gone to save but I have the barrel and mounting hardware all cleaned up an painted flat black if anyone needs it. :D

Eric

ChuckA
06-04-2005, 06:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I have a junk chassis in the garage with a HV cover still attached. Not sure what condition two of the ones I'm picking up are in, one is supposedly in very nice shape.

I just got my GE 901 running today, mirror is shot, will need to send out to Clausen for re-silvering, and electronics still needs some tweaking, but I have a picture.

HV power supply uses a flyback with a quadrupler putting out 28KV.

Chuck

dewickt
06-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Look at all those door knobs...