View Full Version : CTC 46 find

polaraman
04-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Picked up this set today for $5.00. When I first saw it I thought for sure that it was a tube set. Thought I made a score. Turns out that it is a 1970 or 1971 solid state set. There is a Video Display warrenty tag on the back for the CRT being replaced in 1986. Warrenty was good for TWO years. The CRt is nice and bright. It has a vertical fold over problem. I will post pictures of my whole load tomorrow. The truck is FULL!

polaraman

polaraman
04-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Screen shot. I will post pictures of the chassis tomorrow when It is light out.

polaraman

Tony V
04-16-2005, 09:40 PM
I had one of these. Mine had the switchable instant on feature. When turned on...picture was on as soon as you let go of the power button. It was a good set but hated vcr's...not just your standard weaving but it distorted the whole picture. Was fantastic for pulling in channels on an antenna though.
-Tony

NowhereMan 1966
04-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Looks like you have a set of Rembrandt rabbit ears, I have the same set myself, hooked up to a 1998 Zenith 19 incher. ;)

Chad Hauris
04-17-2005, 12:35 PM
These sets look exactly like the late model CTC-39...On mine I defeated the instant on feature to help preserve CRT life (it has the original etched glass screen crt). The slide controls in the pull out control tray are real touchy. You may be able to solve your vert. problem just by cleaning those controls.

rcaman
04-21-2005, 01:07 AM
There Is A 470mf 75 Volt Cap On The Deflection Chassis. Above The Horizontal Osc. Board. It Will Be Blue .soldered To The Circuit Board. I Would Change That As I Have Changed A Lot Over The Years Ago. I Have Seen A Lot Of Vert Modules Bad Also I Believe They Are Mag004. I Have Pelenty Used And New. Great Find On The Set. Stev

rcaman
04-21-2005, 01:11 AM
BUY THE WAY THESE SETS UP THROUGH CTC68 WAS TUFF AS HELL. I DONT THINK YOU COULD WEAR ONE OF THEM OUT. AS LONG AS YOU KEEP A GOOD CRT IN IT. I HAVE MY GRANDMOTHERS SET IT IS A CTC68. I REPAIRED IT ONCE A BAD TRIPLER. GOING TO GET IT OUT ONE DAY. I HAVE A BRAND NEW CRT FOR IT. THOSE SETS HAD A REALLY NICE BRIGHT PICTURE ON THEM. THE CRT IS STILL BRIGHT BUT IT SMEARS AND TAKES A WHILE TO COME UP TO SNUFF. :banana:

bgadow
04-21-2005, 10:17 AM
An Aunt/Uncle & a family friend both had similiar RCA's while I was growing up, and the last time I was in their houses (late 90s) they were both being used daily. The last time I was at my aunt's for Thanksgiving they were watching football & the pic was good as ever. A real Energizer Bunny!