View Full Version : rca color tv jingle on king of the road website

oldtvman
03-21-2005, 08:00 PM
just in case some of you dont remember the catchy rca jingle from the world world of color sponsered by rca check it out on the kris trexler website king of the road

thanks for the memories Kris

nasadowsk
03-23-2005, 06:57 PM
I'd *love* to have that early color show on DVD. Tha'td just be, cool :)

polaraman
03-23-2005, 07:25 PM
I saw somebody was offering on TV a set of Perry Mason DVDs. A bonus for getting the set of DVDs was the only COLOR Perry Mason episode. Wonder what year that could be? I will have to keep my eye out for this set.

polaraman

Steve Hoffman
03-23-2005, 08:03 PM
1965, wasn't it?

oldtvman
03-23-2005, 08:07 PM
it was no accident that when disney decided to call his new nbc show the wonderful world of color, rca would find a natural outlet to sell those fancy new color set. the rca commerical with the catchy jingel began in 1961.

some say the disney show helped launch the sales of color sets

charliesheen
03-23-2005, 09:13 PM
cool commercial,the lady looked like she was in black in white but that may be due to the fact that the video is 40 years old.heres a link http://www.kingoftheroad.net/colorTV/RCA-colorTVcommercial.html so you guys dont have to search.man i sure do wish they would put out some old color commercials.

Steve Hoffman
03-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Geez, haven't seen that commercial since I was a babe. I remember it though...Of course I always saw it in black and white.

Obviously this EastmanColor print of the ad has faded a bunch..

David Roper
03-23-2005, 10:03 PM
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-1039/epid-79633/

Perry Mason's lone color episode was first broadcast 2/27/66.

Steve Hoffman
03-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Ah, close to the end of the last season.

charliesheen
03-24-2005, 10:07 AM
what about the color episode of the twilight zone,i remember seeing it when i was 7 and getting confused because most of it was in black and white and then towards the end i think a dollhouse or something was in color.ktla out in los angeles use to have a twilight zone marathon but they stopped it around the time wb bought up ktla.

Steve D.
03-25-2005, 12:19 AM
what about the color episode of the twilight zone,i remember seeing it when i was 7 and getting confused because most of it was in black and white and then towards the end i think a dollhouse or something was in color.ktla out in los angeles use to have a twilight zone marathon but they stopped it around the time wb bought up ktla.
Charlie,

What you may remember is the episode "Miniature" starring Robert Duvall originally aired as a one hour b&w show on 2-21-63. Duvall played a character who falls in love with a doll who lives in a dollhouse. For the Twilight Zone 25th anniversary show in 1984, CBS computer colorized the dollhouse sequences of this episode.

-Steve D.

frenchy
03-30-2005, 01:44 AM
Does that rca clor commercial work for everybody? Not working for me, just plays blank with no sound. All the other quicktimes on his site work ok. I don't get it! thanks!

heathkit tv
03-30-2005, 02:32 AM
Charlie,

What you may remember is the episode "Miniature" starring Robert Duvall originally aired as a one hour b&w show on 2-21-63. Duvall played a character who falls in love with a doll who lives in a dollhouse. For the Twilight Zone 25th anniversary show in 1984, CBS computer colorized the dollhouse sequences of this episode.

-Steve D.

Yes! I remember watching that colorized version back in '84, it was a big deal at the time as colorization of old movies etc was just really starting then. Looked like poo poo IIRC. Duvall is one of my all time flavorite actors but I seem to remember not liking this episode much.

Anthony

frenchy
03-30-2005, 08:51 AM
agree, Duvall sort of looked like he was lobotomized thru the whole episode. Not a memorable installment of TZ.

bgadow
03-30-2005, 01:34 PM
The commercial won't run on my work computer but at home it runs fine. This is the ad I remembered from the old PBS show. A great ad!

"Now is the time for you to get
An RCA Victor Color set..."

frenchy
03-30-2005, 05:19 PM
mines opposite, works at work, not at home! Oh well. Anybody know if another one of those famous rca color commercials could be viewed - the one with the 3 or 4 girls in long gowns dancing and singing around a stage loaded with all the rca color sets? By looks of the sets I'd say it's about 1956 or 57. Seen bits and pieces of the ad on different tv shows but not the whole thing...Frenchy