View Full Version : zenith console on ebay

drh4683
03-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Someone grab this! Its a space command 600!! Dirt cheap!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=63564&item=7308701153&rd=1

rca2000
03-19-2005, 05:38 PM
That way, I can find out what stereo and tv chassis it has, . I may be interested.

BTW-- Is anyone coming this way soon, perhaps for the AK fest, that could bring that set this way, If I did go for it?

drh4683
03-19-2005, 07:33 PM
with that control layout on the TV its definitly a 1968 model, most likely a 20Y1C48 or 20Y1C50 TV chassis. Hopefully you can get it! I cant get a combo unit in my basement, a sharp turn in the stairs makes it impossible.

wa2ise
03-19-2005, 07:41 PM
I cant get a combo unit in my basement, a sharp turn in the stairs makes it impossible.

Try harder! We had a similar problem when we had to remove the underground oil tank and install new tanks in the basement furnace room. Stairs have a bend half way. Had to remove the bannaster and spindles and newel posts so they could get the tanks down there. Stairs lead to finished (in theory) basement. Only thing is that the tanks will stay if we ever move, unlike your TV console set.... :D

polaraman
03-19-2005, 08:21 PM
If you stand the Tv on the end it will go down the steps. :D The set is really cool. Hope somebody gets it. It needs to be saved.

polaraman

devoid
03-19-2005, 08:47 PM
That'll fit in the back of the Volvo. suagerties to Meriden. Not a bad drive. Shall I bid? Anyone else want this one? I've always wanted an old color console. And Zenith too! Too cool.

rca2000
03-20-2005, 12:41 AM
Go ahead, if you want it-- It is too far from me, probably 12 hours away, I just don't want to see it buried. If someone was coming this way, to the 'fest, I would not mind it, but, otherwise, I would have a problem getting it. If I know it has found a good home, I would be happy, especially if some pictures of the chassis,(both the stereo and tv) and operational condition would be shared, in the future.

devoid
03-20-2005, 07:07 AM
According to Mapquest it's a two hour drive for me. I want to put it in our TV room and make it the daily watcher. It'll be fun fixing it up. I have some space command remotes here too. This comming Saturday would be the day if I win. I'll let you know.

drh4683
03-20-2005, 08:20 AM
I know I could make it fit down there :D Most of my consoles had to go side end up turn it 90 and tilt it back down. There was a great trucking outfit called "general delivery" and was a private business out of florida and he could just pick up the set and deliver it w/o crates etc. Would cost about $200 to get it here. He went out of business so I need to find a new shipper that wont murder me on cost and one that can just pick up a TV just as it is. If I could find that type of delivery service, I would consider bidding

Jeffhs
03-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Liking Zenith entertainment gear as I do, I wouldn't mind having that set either. However, I have two strikes against me, even if I won the auction for it: one, I live in an apartment building and wouldn't have the room for a console that big in my one-bedroom unit, and (2) I live in northeastern Ohio and don't drive. If I lived in a house like the one I left five years ago, I'd bid on that SC600, as I like consoles and never had a 3-way set before. Oh, well. As long as I live in apartments (which will probably be the rest of my life, as I want no part of owning a home), I guess I'll have to be content with collecting small radios (I have four Zeniths now, having scored a Zenith R-70 AM/FM portable on ebay a few weeks ago and having three other AC table sets of that make--H511, K731, and a 1980-vintage H480 AM/FM-stereo clock radio, not to mention numerous transistor portables of various makes).

In any event, I also hope someone here gets that console. That one looks like the set with all the bells and whistles (Ultramatic UHF tuner, AM/FM/stereo with stereo record changer, and of course the 23" TV with the deluxe SC-600 Space Command remote, et al). I thought Doug already had a TV like that; I remember him mentioning having won one of these on ebay some time ago.

Good luck and very kind regards,

rca2000
03-20-2005, 10:17 PM
I did a little looking. The TV chassis looks like a 20y1c48 or 50,(sams 981) and the stereo chassis is a 26yt20.(sams 974.) It is a nice unit. In the '80's, I had a similar unit(non-sc), that I used in my garage, for about 4 years, for the stereo. It was not exactly a head-banger, but it was not bad,it was the second from the top of the line stereo chassis, probably 20w/ch, honest power,(big germanium outputs), or so(the Zenith manual rates it as "140 watts peak", we know how that goes. )The speaker system is a 12" 3-way, with horns, IIRC.

Get soome pictures of it, and, if you decide you want to put a more modern/powerful stereo chassis in there, I would like the old stereo chassis.

devoid
03-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey guys. I've got to admit I'm quite enthused I've found something obtainable that we all are very hobby interested in. As a little kid in the 70's I was fasinated by the few TV's my parent purchesed and my grandparents XL100. Oh, could I ever go on. Typing is a pain in the ass. So anyway right now I'm double checking a TT before I ship it. Spinning Herbie Mann's Common Ground. Am I period or what? And I also gotta say all this old stuff is the real shit. Earlier I was buttoning up an Onkyo super duper HT receiver. Peice of fucking crap in all regards. Barely outdid my Sansui 1000x bench receiver and sounded like shit trying to do it. Clipping and IM up the wazu.

devoid
03-23-2005, 06:48 PM
Frigg! I got out bid. Shall I snipe the newbie?

drh4683
03-23-2005, 07:18 PM
go ahead. Its not me. I decided not to bid on this one. Good luck