View Full Version : Any info on this possible prewar Euro set??

Eric H
03-06-2005, 03:19 AM
A fellow from Germany wrote me and wanted info on this set, anyone have any ideas?

heathkit tv
03-06-2005, 05:40 AM
That's a Schicklegruber Panzer model. Be careful where you place it near any other sets, it might annex them.

Anthony

David Roper
03-06-2005, 07:51 AM
I can't ID it, but I don't believe it to be prewar. Even the fabled German E-1, most advanced of all prewar sets with its flyback high-voltage and rectangular CRT, looked much more primitive inside, with S-envelope glass tubes and weird little squat, fat knockoffs of the standard metal tube. I could be wrong, but I see what looks like a miniature tube on the chassis of the set in question. I know of several examples of postwar sets designed with but one single mini tube, but these would only appear in prewar sets if they were added during some later modification...which isn't common.

monochromeman
03-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Eric, I think it's this set.I don't know much about it , exept that is Russian and called a Moskovitch or something like that.It's forties and looks like a russian copy of the RCA 621.I have never seen one in the flesh, this pic came from German Ebay.The guy was selling the lens , not the TV!
Hope this helps.
Eric