View Full Version : Don't bid on this picture tube!

jstout66
02-08-2005, 03:06 PM
Here's an uninformed seller. Lists the tube as a Zenith Chromacolor (which the box says) and states "New Old Stock" and has an opening bid of $99 with $75 shipping. As you can clearly see on the tube label the tube is NOT a Chromacolor and the tube number on the tube and box don't match. I'm sure someone else would have caught it, but I'm just passing along. I think I'll email the seller as I don't think they know. There could be some unaware bidder that would be mighty dissapointed when this tube arrives. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58174&item=3872542690&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

drh4683
02-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Im sure something is wrong too. Definitly a used tube, you can see the dust on the back of the CRT and the marks from the yoke mounting. No way!

Eric H
02-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Most likely the dud, or possibly a good used tube someone was saving. Not worth the risk though.

outlawmws
02-08-2005, 07:04 PM
"No longer for sale" Guess he thought better of it... jstout66 must have Emailed... :thmbsp:

jstout66
02-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I did email him. Altho he was not pleased to discover he had a worthless tube, I would say he is a good seller as he pulled the auction. I told him the same thing, that is was either a dud tube or someone pulled a used tube from a set and placed it in the box. I do see that someone wrote "checked ok" on the box. I think the seller probably saw the Zenith 21FJP22 listed and figured his tube was worth money as well. Too bad it isn't a Chromacolor tube as that would improve someones set for sure!

jstout66
02-08-2005, 09:19 PM
I did email him. Altho he was not pleased to discover he had a worthless tube, I would say he is a good seller as he pulled the auction. I told him the same thing, that is was either a dud tube or someone pulled a used tube from a set and placed it in the box. I do see that someone wrote "checked ok" on the box. I think the seller probably saw the Zenith 21FJP22 listed and figured his tube was worth money as well. Too bad it isn't a Chromacolor tube as that would improve someones set for sure!

andy
02-09-2005, 01:51 PM
It could still be a good tube that's worth not throwing away. Someone saved it for a reason. I wouldn't pay much for it, but it might be worth the cost of shipping to find out. I don't have any sets that need a 25" CRT, but if I did I might take a chance. I save good used CRTs from unrestorable sets when ever possible.

It's odd that he didn't pull the listing instead of changing the title to "NO longer for sale......NOT 4 SALE NOW"

jstout66
02-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Andy, it may be a 23" tube. I know it's got a 25 number, but RCA's 25XP22's were only 23". I think this was an early rectangular tube type for Zenith.

bgadow
02-09-2005, 03:19 PM
From the attic of the local tv shop I brought home what I thought was a NOS Channel Master rebuilt 25" tube, in one of their styrofoam "clamshell" containers. Not real easy to open it up so I just left it alone with the assumption it was what it said it was. (it was stored with several NOS bw rebuilds that really WERE.) Anyway, when I finally did open it I found a crt just like this one, a dusty Zenith. It has corrosion on the pins & tests only marginal, but I am keeping it in case I turn up a need for one.