View Full Version : Digging through books! Transistor collectors check in!

millerdog
11-20-2002, 03:15 AM
I finally found my Bunis guide to transistor radios just so I could open this up to you transistor collectors:) I searched under stacks of Astronomy mags and Sky and Telescope only to find it behind a stack of Playboys:D
I have a nice early Sony sport radio with am/fm and sw channels. Was a dream come true for I found it at a garage sale for five bucks. I also have Motorolla and Westinghouse AM portables.
I kinda like the seventies transistors like the Panasonic Toot a Loop (I have) and the ball radio,which I don't have. Vintage transistor radios I think should be allowed here too!
Some of the first transistor radios are just as collectible as the tube models.
AM radio rocked my world when I was young:)
md

Kamakiri
11-20-2002, 06:10 AM
I used to have quite a collection myself. I've always been partial to the Emerson "888" series radios, I think their unique styling and larger size make them a neat collectible.

millerdog
11-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Wow! Those are some nice Emerson Vanguards:)
Of course you know what they are worth;)
I kinda tend to look for those radios by manufacturers that no longer produce commercial radios. Motorolla etc. I especially look for the small pocket ones with leather cases. They just remind me of my youth. Those Emersons were made before I was born:p:
md