View Full Version : Source For Old CRTs?

Tom9589
09-04-2017, 10:44 AM
While roaming around the Internet recently, I re-visited Video Display Corporation's web page. It looks like they are offering CRTs for sale again. I plugged in some tube types and got some results. Here is the link for the 10BP4:

http://vdc.mybisi.com/products?search=10BP4

They state that the picture on the web page is not the actual tube picture. I also don't know what the status of these tube are. I would suspect that they have only been re-gunned.

BTW, the site seems to be a little bit erratic. I had to sign up for an account before I could see some of the CRTs. Their Search Engine also does not seem to be working all the time.

I did find one color tube, 19VEGP22, for sale.

Eric H
09-04-2017, 12:32 PM
They have always been like that, they show everything as being available but it isn't.

I did buy a tube for a JVC Pyramid set from them recently but that's a "modern" tube and they probably just had some leftover stock.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they've started rebuilding again but I doubt it.

Tom9589
09-04-2017, 01:28 PM
They no longer have their rebuilding operation here in Georgia - sold the building years ago, but they do have an operation in Arizona which might be rebuilding again. I do know that they rebuild expensive medical and aircraft CRTs. They also have a source for electron guns in house.

You are right, it may just be leftover stock, but I can't see them shipping all their leftover stock to Arizona from Georgia.