View Full Version : Philco 50T-1633

EdKozk2
06-29-2017, 07:53 PM
Some pictures of this set I got from VK member Arcanine a few years ago. The set needed a new CRT-16LP4, speaker - 4 ohm and recapping. I purchased the crt from the ETF. I still have to make a rear cover.

dieseljeep
06-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Some pictures of this set I got from VK member Arcanine a few years ago. The set needed a new CRT-16LP4, speaker - 4 ohm and recapping. I purchased the crt from the ETF. I still have to make a rear cover.

At least you got a good CRT from ETF. The one they sold me, went to air before they sold to me. They didn't have the common courtesy to test it before they sent it to me. :thumbsdn:
As I understand, they received a bunch of CRT's from Moyer electronics.
This one, was probably meant to be sent to be sent back to VDC, but must've been overlooked. :sigh:

Findm-Keepm
06-29-2017, 08:44 PM

Looks great!

EdKozk2
06-29-2017, 09:35 PM
Thanks Brian.

EdKozk2
06-29-2017, 09:54 PM
At least you got a good CRT from ETF. The one they sold me, went to air before they sold to me. They didn't have the common courtesy to test it before they sent it to me. :thumbsdn:
As I understand, they received a bunch of CRT's from Moyer electronics.
This one, was probably meant to be sent to be sent back to VDC, but must've been overlooked. :sigh:

I just ordered a used 19AP4 crt from the ETF. The 16LP4A is a rebuilt from Univac.
A few days ago my wife and I drove down to the Chicago area to buy a used 19AP4/ Dumont. The CRT was a dud, had a cathode-filament short.:no: The trip wasn't a total waste, ended up buying some old radio and television tubes.:yes:

Electronic M
06-29-2017, 10:15 PM
I just ordered a used 19AP4 crt from the ETF. The 16LP4A is a rebuilt from Univac.
A few days ago my wife and I drove down to the Chicago area to buy a used 19AP4/ Dumont. The CRT was a dud, had a cathode-filament short.:no: The trip wasn't a total waste, ended up buying some old radio and television tubes.:yes:

If the short is the only problem, then get a CRT heater isolation transformer....They are in the same packaging as brighteners (some units did both operations). I may have a spare tucked away somewhere.

EdKozk2
06-29-2017, 10:46 PM
If the short is the only problem, then get a CRT heater isolation transformer....They are in the same packaging as brighteners (some units did both operations). I may have a spare tucked away somewhere.

Hi Tom,
The filament was also open. I forgot to mention that important detail.:scratch2: