View Full Version : Retrace in a pilot

timmy
05-08-2017, 05:38 PM
I think I already asked if anyone knows of a retrace mod for a pilot tv and I think it's somewhere on this page. Did anyone ever do the mod for this set. I know it was Alittle different then the Motorola sets IIRC. I think the mod was close to the Same as a Motorola set but cannot remember what the set was that was said to work on a pilot.

jr_tech
05-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Old thread here:

http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=268141&highlight=retrace

jr

timmy
05-08-2017, 07:10 PM
I don't know how you found this thread so fast I have tried, maybe my glasses are not working for me, thanks. I notice that on the 7jp4 it's pin 3 but on the 3kp1 or 4 it's pin 2 .

jr_tech
05-08-2017, 08:56 PM
I just used the search function at the top of the page... searched for "retrace" took about a minute to find the right post.

jt

timmy
05-09-2017, 08:44 AM
I don't remember if there is a detector diode, 1n34 , in the pilot as I do remember opening one of cans and found no diode but don't remember if I checked the other one . I didn't see it on the SAMs either. I read a post from someone stating they changed that diode this is why I'm wondering . Update, well I do see it on the schematic, my mistake. Got to get the eyes checked, lol,lol...

timmy
05-09-2017, 04:16 PM
Ok mod was a success on the pilot tv, only I used a 220 k resistor and a 820 pf mica , lines are gone.... I went with another retrace mod that was made up specifically for a pilot tv the other mod in that thread was not specifically for the pilot but rather another set that used the same type DC restoration. What I would like to get is more black in the contrast control being now I can raise the brightness but could use more black in the pic.