View Full Version : '73 RCA XL-100 "Snap" then loses color.

OS X
04-13-2017, 04:42 PM
Hi Everyone! I recently started having a issue with my daily watcher XL-100 I got a few weeks ago, was working fine then developed a issue where you would be watching it and it would "snap" and the picture would lose color :( at first I thought it was the tripplr possibly going bad, but with losing color now I'm starting to think it may be a module "arcing out" I do have a complete Parts chassis I can switch things around from if need be I'm just trying to narrow it down to the component that is bad first. Thanks for your help :)

Findm-Keepm
04-13-2017, 06:16 PM
Hi Everyone! I recently started having a issue with my daily watcher XL-100 I got a few weeks ago, was working fine then developed a issue where you would be watching it and it would "snap" and the picture would lose color :( at first I thought it was the tripplr possibly going bad, but with losing color now I'm starting to think it may be a module "arcing out" I do have a complete Parts chassis I can switch things around from if need be I'm just trying to narrow it down to the component that is bad first. Thanks for your help :)

Um, model or Chassis?
http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.php?p=3152065&postcount=1

Kamakiri
04-13-2017, 06:43 PM
Plus I have a huge tube caddy packed with brand new XL-100 modules here....you just have to let us know what chassis you gots :)

XL-100s are easy module swaps if that's the issue.

OS X
04-13-2017, 09:04 PM
Um, model or Chassis?
http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.php?p=3152065&postcount=1
Sorry forgot to include that, But it's a CTC-48

Plus I have a huge tube caddy packed with brand new XL-100 modules here....you just have to let us know what chassis you gots :)

XL-100s are easy module swaps if that's the issue.

Cool! Hopefully it will just be a module. And it's a CTC-48.

zeno
04-15-2017, 08:03 AM
Sounds like it may be a CRT arc. Triplers & quadruplers
were rare to go on RCA's.
To see if its external wait for a hot humid day & run it.
That will always smoke it out.

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !