View Full Version : TV Shop Still in Business!!

John Marinello
03-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Can anyone guess where this is?

dieseljeep
03-18-2017, 10:14 AM

Probably, Mexico!

Electronic M
03-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Building and euro plugs, make me think south of the border or Africa....Gotta be someplace warm for an uninsulated building like that to work.

Findm-Keepm
03-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Building and euro plugs, make me think south of the border or Africa....Gotta be someplace warm for an uninsulated building like that to work.

Agree - definitely not in a monsoon region either. One of the prolific authors over on Jestine Yong's site is from Sri Lanka, and everything is rusty.

Africa or the Mideast - Iraq, Iran, UAE, Bahrain all come to mind.

WISCOJIM
03-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Viet Nam? Can't quite make out the license plate on the bike.

Findm-Keepm
03-18-2017, 10:47 AM

Too dirty to be Phil Nelson's :D:D:D

More:

https://uk.pinterest.com/source/fastech.tv

ohohyodafarted
03-18-2017, 01:14 PM
Cambodia! Vandyville :-) ??

Jon A.
03-18-2017, 02:41 PM
Fred Sanford's place? :scratch2:

zeno
03-18-2017, 05:09 PM
I would leave the security gates open & hope someone
stole everything.
Mexico makes sense. Almost all the sets look 100% US & its
definatly a warm climate.

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

Findm-Keepm
03-18-2017, 05:10 PM
Here's one in Vietnam:

https://500px.com/photo/182185189/tv-repair-shop-by-tumi-le

Findm-Keepm
03-18-2017, 05:12 PM
I would leave the security gates open & hope someone
stole everything.
Mexico makes sense. Almost all the sets look 100% US & its
definatly a warm climate.

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

I saw one or two Hyundai sets - never saw one in the states.....and somebody pointed out the cords with Euro two-pin plugs....

Eric H
03-18-2017, 06:20 PM
I see a cardboard Dove Soap box in English and standard U.S. type plugs.
Can't really see it but the Motorcycle looks like it has a U.S. Licence plate, possibly California.

Chip Chester
03-18-2017, 06:55 PM
It's somewhere where that cache of goodies is lucrative enough to guard with bars on the windows, but rain infiltration is not a worry. Or fire codes, safety egress, interior decoration, etc.

Chip

John Marinello
03-18-2017, 07:12 PM
Cambodia! Vandyville :-) ??

We have a winner!

Battambang, Cambodia, to be exact. The license plate actually says Battambang on the bottom.

Did you notice the equipment he had? Neither did I.

I guess if a good whack on the sided didn't fix it, the set is toast.

I was told that simple repairs are $10, major repairs are $25.

Should I check his "warehouse" to see if he has any 15G's or 21AX's, pulls or NOS, while I'm here??

ohohyodafarted
03-18-2017, 09:21 PM
Here's one in Vietnam:

https://500px.com/photo/182185189/tv-repair-shop-by-tumi-le

And did you notice they were tuned to the Communist Vietnamese Government propaganda channel like all good Vietnamese should? The photo was probably a propaganda photo to show how technologically advanced Communist Vietnam is.

But in all honesty, it does look like they are a bit more advanced than the Cambodian tv repair shop :-)

ohohyodafarted
03-18-2017, 09:25 PM
We have a winner!

Battambang, Cambodia, to be exact. The license plate actually says Battambang on the bottom.

Did you notice the equipment he had? Neither did I.

I guess if a good whack on the sided didn't fix it, the set is toast.

I was told that simple repairs are $10, major repairs are $25.

Should I check his "warehouse" to see if he has any 15G's or 21AX's, pulls or NOS, while I'm here??

Hope you guys are having a good time over there. Say HI to Vandy for me.:wave:

John Marinello
03-19-2017, 05:25 AM
Hope you guys are having a good time over there. Say HI to Vandy for me.:wave:

We're hoping you & Tamy will join us in Cancun later this year!
Vandy wants to spoil you two BIG time!
Ya know, the Mayan was sold, the Caribbean will be sold next year. Cancun won't be the same.

kf4rca
03-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Those CRTs with the busted necks were probably scavenged for the copper in the yokes. Thats how the Mexicans around here do it.

Jon A.
03-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Those CRTs with the busted necks were probably scavenged for the copper in the yokes. Thats how the Mexicans around here do it.
One time a set was left by a dumpster nearby. Eventually someone smashed it apart for the yoke, leaving the carcass a short distance away in the grass and a large LIVE CRT on its side next to the dumpster. I figured it was an accident waiting to happen, so I went down there to take care of it. Well, someone came to the dumpster with some picture frames, gave me a dirty look and smashed the glass out of the frames on the inside wall of the dumpster before leaving.

I taped a note to it explaining what I had done and why. I hope that guy saw that too.