View Full Version : Zenith Space Phone console, Should i get it?

mr_fixer
11-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Hi All! I found this thru a local website. Vintage Zenith space command / Space Phone, chassis type unknown. they are asking $50. they say the picture tube lights up and has snow, also they have the remote. Is this worth the effort/money? anyone know what chassis this uses and what i need to look out for?

jstout66
11-03-2016, 06:39 AM
You'll get mixed replies on this set. At the time, it was TOTL.
It's a System 3 chassis, which was no more trouble prone than any other set of that era.
What you need to look out for.... the 25" picture tubes weren't long lived in those. If it's good, the picture will be amazing. If you like it, I would take a VCR with me so I could see how the picture was.
Sets of that era don't bring much money, so 50.00 is on the high-side.
If you go look at it, and the picture isn't stunning, than pass.. tube is tired.

zeno
11-03-2016, 06:57 AM
You'll get mixed replies on this set. At the time, it was TOTL.
It's a System 3 chassis, which was no more trouble prone than any other set of that era.
What you need to look out for.... the 25" picture tubes weren't long lived in those. If it's good, the picture will be amazing. If you like it, I would take a VCR with me so I could see how the picture was.
Sets of that era don't bring much money, so 50.00 is on the high-side.
If you go look at it, and the picture isn't stunning, than pass.. tube is tired.

That pretty well sums it up. This set is pre stereo but may have an
IF output for adapter and speaker inputs. Probably no a/v jacks
either. Probably hasnt been run in years so CRT may need some
use before its at its best.

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !