View Full Version : 3kp7 crt

timmy
10-01-2016, 04:13 PM
I have a 3kp7 tube which was dead so I did the shorts test and removed them and the emissions came right up and the g2 lit but the g2 not as bright however I tried it on my pilot tv and has a nice pic but the brightness is like it's turned all the way down, to dark what could be going on here with this tube it really tests like new. I modified my bk 440 to perform these tasks with this tube like I have done with the 7jp4 tubes. And was accurate.

Crist Rigott
10-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Check your PM. Thanks.

timmy
10-19-2016, 05:58 AM
Is it possible that just Alittle voltage is getting passed the bright pot and it's affecting the brightness of this 3kp7 which was made in Japan but don't affect the 3kp1 tube. I thought maybe there was some difference between the 2 tubes, so I'll have to see if the bright pot is working properly. It is very odd that it tests very good and even the life test is very good and the getter is shiny and good so I'm at a loss as to why the pic is dark. I even tried thinking maybe the tube is bad and used the rejuv function and made no difference in emission or life test. The emissions didn't come up any more even by raising the heater voltage to as much as 10 volts.