View Full Version : What Kind of TV is This?

Dburger
09-22-2016, 08:26 PM
Hello,

I've gone through quite a few old TV brands that I would've thought to be the brand of a TV I have. I know what all my other ones are, but this one has me stumped. Converted and regularly used still. Thank you in advance!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7301/9095757066_d20eca7433_b.jpg

dieseljeep
09-22-2016, 09:03 PM
Hello,

I've gone through quite a few old TV brands that I would've thought to be the brand of a TV I have. I know what all my other ones are, but this one has me stumped. Converted and regularly used still. Thank you in advance!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7301/9095757066_d20eca7433_b.jpg
Trying to remember the insignia.
What is the country of origin?
It could a Korean Daytron. Some of those weren't really that bad. :scratch2:

TVTim
09-22-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm guessing Sears Roebuck. Sorta see an S and an R if you look at the logo.

dieseljeep
09-22-2016, 11:16 PM

Is there a nameplate on the back, stating the make and model number?
Every so often, the glue that held it on would dry out from the heat. You should be able to remove the back and look at the labeling on the major components, CRT, flyback etc.

Dburger
09-22-2016, 11:55 PM
Trying to remember the insignia.
What is the country of origin?
It could a Korean Daytron. Some of those weren't really that bad. :scratch2:

A Google search of Daytron revealed some similar matches...thank you for this! Haven't found an exact one though.

Might be, though I didn't see an R and was just looking at brands starting with S. Just looking at the list of TV brands on Wikipedia and then Googling them yielded a lot of cool stuff, even if I didn't find a match.

Is there a nameplate on the back, stating the make and model number?
Every so often, the glue that held it on would dry out from the heat. You should be able to remove the back and look at the labeling on the major components, CRT, flyback etc.

I completely forgot to look at the back...shame on me, since that's how I found out that my KV-1201 is a KV-1201 (Sony badge on the front is missing).

I would remove the back but I'm afraid of messing it up...got another weekend of college and NFL football to watch on it soon :D

centralradio
09-23-2016, 01:53 AM
Did Sear use the name SR2000 then.I think that was the name on my sisters VCR that I got from her years ago.

zeno
09-23-2016, 08:12 AM
If I had to guess its a sears LXI or SR2000 series both
built by Sanyo. Pretty good sets. If no back tag a pic
will do.

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

dieseljeep
09-23-2016, 11:12 AM
A Google search of Daytron revealed some similar matches...thank you for this! Haven't found an exact one though.

Might be, though I didn't see an R and was just looking at brands starting with S. Just looking at the list of TV brands on Wikipedia and then Googling them yielded a lot of cool stuff, even if I didn't find a match.

I completely forgot to look at the back...shame on me, since that's how I found out that my KV-1201 is a KV-1201 (Sony badge on the front is missing).

I would remove the back but I'm afraid of messing it up...got another weekend of college and NFL football to watch on it soon :D
Just look at the inside with a bright flashlite, through the vent openings.
That's how, I found, the Panasonic Tau CRT is made by Samsung.
I don't know what they meant by Tau. Maybe it was supposed to compete with Sony Trinitron.
By the way, IIRC, the KV1201 is the lower priced plastic version on the KV1212, still a great set!

Celt
09-23-2016, 03:40 PM
AOC (Korea) made sets that looked a lot like that.

crt89
10-06-2016, 08:36 PM
It does kind of look like a Capehart (AOC) that was my first bedroom TV. Mine said Capehart where that little logo is and had a glass cover over the screen. The cabinet was woodgrain and where your speaker grille is mine had a flip down cover for the picture adjustments. It didn't have as many buttons as yours either.

Does this have on screen display? Mine didn't, it had a red LED channel display.

rpm1200
10-07-2016, 01:54 PM
I don't know what they meant by Tau. Maybe it was supposed to compete with Sony Trinitron.
Tau was their flat-screen line, equivalent to Sony's Wega line. Panasonic had a Gaoo "superflat" line prior to that, where the screens still had some curvature.

TVTim
10-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Tau was their flat-screen line, equivalent to Sony's Wega line. Panasonic had a Gaoo "superflat" line prior to that, where the screens still had some curvature.

I have two 27" TAU sets. All I can say is they are magnificent. Excellent picture, great sound. Amazing.