View Full Version : MP Television ????

Kasanay
09-01-2016, 07:04 AM
I came across a few sets that were made by a company call: MP Television. They were located in Fairfield, Conn.

I found these while researching MP Engineering Corp. - maker of audio gear back in the 40s, 50s and 60s.
I have three different models. I also have the original, hand drawn, full size schematics.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zb7852nkppfdf1e/AABkpoJrY0RQp-Jkvnm-kU4Qa?dl=0

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Y

earlyfilm
09-01-2016, 08:57 AM
I have three different models. I also have the original, hand drawn, full size schematics.

Rider published service information for a probable 12 inch model in Vol 5 and for probable 16 and 17 inch models in Vol 8.

It might make an interesting comparison. (I don't have a copy.)

James

Kasanay
09-03-2016, 06:05 AM
Rider published service information for a probable 12 inch model in Vol 5 and for probable 16 and 17 inch models in Vol 8.

It might make an interesting comparison. (I don't have a copy.)

James

Thanks for the tip. I know very little about televisions (my obsission is tube audio). Until this post, I was not aware of the Riders manuals. Are the volumes you mension available online?

Thanks,
Joe Y

dieseljeep
09-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the tip. I know very little about televisions (my obsission is tube audio). Until this post, I was not aware of the Riders manuals. Are the volumes you mension available online?

Thanks,
Joe Y
Both sets are similar, slight differences in vertical sweep.
Four stages of IF, Standard Coil penthode tuner, simple AGC with a local-distance switch, intercarrier audio, synchro-guide horizontal and 5U4, power transformer power supply.
Appears to be a set for custom installation, per the instructions. :scratch2:

Kasanay
09-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Both sets are similar, slight differences in vertical sweep.
Four stages of IF, Standard Coil penthode tuner, simple AGC with a local-distance switch, intercarrier audio, synchro-guide horizontal and 5U4, power transformer power supply.
Appears to be a set for custom installation, per the instructions. :scratch2:

Diesel,
Can I ask where you found this information? Was it in the Riders Manual? I would really like to see where it was published.
From what I was told, there were relativity few of these made. I also know MP made a 20" version that they called "The Super Twenty"
I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has an MP Television or has ever seen one.

Thanks.
Joe Y