View Full Version : Id this set?

pendulum
04-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Saw this set in images of an upcoming estate sale. The little emblem in the top right reminds me of the later dumont logo. The thing that made me curious about this set is, where is the tuner? Any ideas?

dieseljeep
04-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Saw this set in images of an upcoming estate sale. The little emblem in the top right reminds me of the later dumont logo. The thing that made me curious about this set is, where is the tuner? Any ideas?
Looks like a 24" Magnavox. The tuner knob is probably hidden by the chair.
The emblem is one that Magnavox used to cover the hole, where the UHF tuner would go.

pendulum
04-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Here is another photo, Looks like there is a spot where a channel knob could go. I wonder why so many controls up front though

zeno
04-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Almost has to be a Maggy. Controls are interesting.
Up front you can find
1) brite
2)contrast
3) on/off vc
Usually behind a door:
4) H hold
5) V hold
6) tone
If it has a good amp maybe:
bass & treble instead of tone, aux in.
Fine tune may be separate & on/off also.
Fringe lock or local/distance another poss.
You can drive it up to 9 controls.
Someone hear has the answer......

73 Zeno:smoke:

73 Zeno:smoke:

jr_tech
04-03-2016, 01:40 PM
So is the set in front of it gutted, or just too dark to see? Any guesses?

jr

pendulum
04-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Here is the link to the sale if anyone is interested. This set isn't quite the type I am interested in, though it would be interesting to know the model/chassis. Sale has a bunch of older things, so if you are looking for other stuff it might be a good one to go to.

https://www.estatesales.net/MI/Troy/48083/1150260

Electronic M
04-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Here is another photo, Looks like there is a spot where a channel knob could go. I wonder why so many controls up front though

There is another TV cabinet in the foreground that appears to have been converted to shelves inside.

Eric H
04-03-2016, 04:38 PM

This is another set altogether, gutted it appears.

The badge on the first set does look like a Maggie, the big CRT would indicate Magnavox also.

http://videokarma.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=190567&stc=1&d=1459719658

jr_tech
04-03-2016, 06:01 PM
This is another set altogether, gutted it appears.

Look past the gutted (Motorola?) set on the left, you will see the full height of the control panel of the set in question ... knob? hole? logo? at the bottom.:scratch2:

jr